Hello

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Rainbow

Post by Rainbow »

I recently found and downloaded a recording and was really amazed that a project like this exists. It's such a great idea to put audio to some wonderful books and stories.

I'm a high school English teacher and I almost read for a living. I'm just hoping that my quality here is as good as what I think it is in the classroom. :)

I'm looking forward to a great experience here and I'm hoping to contribute to a short work very soon.
kri

Post by kri »

You should check out some of the involvement of students around the forum here. I think it holds great potential for teachers!! We have I think one teacher submitting student recordings, some girl scouts doing a big project, a design professor having students create CD covers, etc.
Laura

Post by Laura »

Welcome! And hope to hear you lending your voice to some of our projects!!
*//Laura http://www.librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/LauraD
ceastman

Post by ceastman »

Hi, and welcome!

If you've not made recordings before, we recommend that you check out the Newbie Guide to Recording in the Librivox Wiki (linked to at the top of this page). Try a short piece first - Weekly Poetry is a great place to start! Doing something short allows you to get used to your recording equipment, and folks here can listen and let ou know if there's anything technically up with your recording setup (quiet recording volume is a common problem, for example).

Looking forward to hearing your voice!

-Catharine
Rainbow

Post by Rainbow »

Thanks for the welcome! I was looking for a short piece to start and I think that the weekly poetry might just be the way. Thanks for the suggestion - I hadn't even noticed weekly poetry yet.
thistlechick

Post by thistlechick »

Welcome! We're also working on a page with guidelines for educators and how they can create LibriVox projects in the classroom (or other settings)... if you have any ideas feel free to join the discussion here: http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3166

=)
~ Betsie
Multiple projects lead to multiple successes!
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

Hi Rainbow, I am just about an hour north of you. YEAH! :)

Welcome and enjoy!
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable
people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress,
therefore, depends on unreasonable people." George Bernard Shaw