LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

I will fix the double .mp3 :)
Leni
=================
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

I PMed BigStory today, and asked if he will be able to make the corrections in his files.We are getting close to completion here! :)
Leni
=================
JoeD

Post by JoeD »

composr wrote:I would like to quickly post and mention that I do have the section recorded, and am editing it. Granting the average edit time, it should be up sometime today or tomorrow

*crosses fingers*

:)
composr, section 49 is the last section we need before this book is complete - do you have an update on this?
JoeD

Post by JoeD »

JoeD wrote:
composr wrote:I would like to quickly post and mention that I do have the section recorded, and am editing it. Granting the average edit time, it should be up sometime today or tomorrow

*crosses fingers*

:)
composr, section 49 is the last section we need before this book is complete - do you have an update on this?
I just got a reply from composr - looks like section 49 will be coming this weekend..!! Thanks composr. :D :D
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

That's great, Joe, but BigStory hasn't picked up the PM I sent. Should we reopen the section? Or do you want to try for an editor to make the corrections?
Leni
=================
JoeD

Post by JoeD »

Leni wrote:That's great, Joe, but BigStory hasn't picked up the PM I sent. Should we reopen the section? Or do you want to try for an editor to make the corrections?
Too bad, and composr has not replied either. I think I can edit BigStory's stuff - I have done it before. I have a problem downloading files from my house - I need to go to the library or something to get that done, but once I have them editing should not be a problem. I'll take care of that, hopefully later today.
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

That's great, thanks Joe.
Leni
=================
composr

Post by composr »

JoeD wrote: Too bad, and composr has not replied either.
Hear ye, hear ye! The prodigal son doth return.

At any rate, I'm working on copying over the raw audio right now, and will be editing it and uploading it ASAP.

*hides under a rock*
composr

Post by composr »

Section 49:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/le/againstheresies_49_robertsrambaut.mp3

31:55, 30.64 MB

Hopefully it's not too terrible! Please let me know if any corrections need to be made, and I will get on it. This was a fairly huge chunk of text, so I'm bound to have missed something somewhere.
JoeD

Post by JoeD »

composr wrote:Section 49:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/le/againstheresies_49_robertsrambaut.mp3

Hopefully it's not too terrible! Please let me know if any corrections need to be made, and I will get on it. This was a fairly huge chunk of text, so I'm bound to have missed something somewhere.
YAY..!! I am downloading the file now - I will prooflisten tonight after work. This book is almost finished..!! Thanks composr :D
JoeD

Post by JoeD »

dabbler wrote:Section 54
Stereo, 196kbps Hope I didn't notice this too late. Shall PM the reader.
6 second Pause before Preface. If that is the norm, I apologize, but otherwise maybe you could reduce it to a couple of seconds. Even a few extra seconds of silence creates a sort of loneliness lol.

2.22 to ‘confirm’ at the same time – read as ‘convert’ Preface, Line 8 from bottom

09.22 Therefore do these men reject the commixture of the heavenly ……………….. after the image and likeness of God. – missed in audio Chap 1, Para 3, Line 5

15.35 overlong pause (12+1 seconds)
I had to place my player at full volume, so maybe the clips needs some amplification :).
No reply from Gordon (BigStory), so I edited this myself. Can somebody PL this?

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/le/againstheresies_54_robertsrambaut.mp3

I will also edit section 57.
JoeD

Post by JoeD »

dabbler wrote:Section 57 (Chapters 11-13)

09.57 ‘ This same, therefore, was what the Lord came to quicken...............inordinate affection, evil concupiscence; and covetousness, which is idolatry’

10.43 Above portion repeated. Chap 12, Para 3, Line 4

21.25 So, when this mortal shall have put on immortality.............O death, where is thy victory?

21.43 Above portion repeated. Chap 13, Para 3, Line 4

27.59 may be ‘made’ manifest – word ‘made’ not in audio Chap 13 Para 5. Line 4 from bottom

Edit : I feel a bit of amplification is in order, could you check that out with Leni or JoeD?
Fixed. Ready to catalog after a PL.

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/le/againstheresies_57_robertsrambaut.mp3
JoeD

Post by JoeD »

composr wrote:Section 49:

Not terrible at all - very well read..!! I especially liked chapter 31, with Irenaeus' fascinating moral justification of the incest between Lot and his two daughters.

Anyway, just two minor edits, please:

10:30 – overly long pause
30:26 – “dispensation of the Lord it referred” should be “dispensation of the Lord is referred”

Thanks composr.
composr

Post by composr »

JoeD

Post by JoeD »

PLed ok. Thanks composr.