'Thank you' messages for LibriVox readers

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

This thread has been locked and will be continued here because we are having some software problems with very long threads and don't want any posts to become unreadable. Apologies for the inconvenience. - admin, Oct 15 2010

This is a thread for 'thank you' messages, both to individual readers, and to readers of group projects (of course, by extension, the thanks also always go to all others that helped produce the book - the proof-listeners, coordinators, editors, etc).

Everyone can post here to thank readers, and admins will post messages received via the 'Thank a reader' feature.

If you'd like to chime in to someone's praise, just click the 'Quote' button on the top right of that post, and type your own message underneath.
Last edited by Gesine on May 1st, 2010, 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Praise for sjmarky (Mark Nelson) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thanks for all your hard work reading these books! You should see about doing it professionally, your that good. I listen to a lot of audio books and your one of my favorite readers, again THANK YOU.

John P.
A list of Mark's recordings can be found here.
Last edited by Gesine on May 1st, 2010, 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Praise for Termin Dyan via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
I thoroughly enjoyed this reading of Somerset Maugham's great novel. The 'voices' were great, the inflections were right on, and the story was enhanced by the worldly-sounding Mr. Dyan.
I'm off to find more by him.
Thanks!
Rock K.
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Praise for martinc (Martin Clifton) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
I’ve forgotten his name, but the reader is the best possible person for bringing Charles Pooter to life. I don’t know how many times I’ve listened to this book (and I would never have heard of it, if it weren’t for Librivox). I can’t thank you enough!

Cheers,

Carmen
This mail refers to The Diary of a Nobody.
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Praise for sherry (Sherry Crowther) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello there!

I really love Emma. That was a treat. Than you so much.

Regards
Anil K.
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Praise for chocoholic (Laurie Anne Walden) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Laurie,

I wanted to thank you for your beautiful reading of Zane
Grey's Riders of the Purple Sage. Apart from your flawless
reading, editing etc., I especially love your accent for
some reason, which to me fits and enriches the novel's
style and subject matter (don't ask me why).
Thanks for making the live of one Ph.D. student having to
familiarize himself with at least some of the most
important pulp Westerns much easier.

Cheers,
Johannes
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Praise for Rowen (Lizzie Driver) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
I would like to thank the reader of Jacob Abbott's "Alexander the Great". This young lady I find enlightening. I recognize her voice from George McDonald novels as well. She has a smooth, intelligent, distinct style of reading that I find pleasing. Could you please inform me of all the work she has performed?
I've written back to say that all of Lizzie's recordings can be found here.
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Praise for GordMackenzie (Gord Mackenzie) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
I would like to thank Gord Mackenzie for his masterful reading of book XV of Leaves of Grass, 'A Song for Occupations.' I was actually looking for XVI, but decided to continue listening, and I'm glad I did! I only wish he'd narrated my favorite. His reading does justice to Whitman's good words.

Thanks again,
Lindsay C.
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Praise for ahab (Stewart Wills) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
What a great reading [of Moby Dick] – please pass on my thanks to Stewart.
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Praise for DebraLynn (Debra Lynn) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
I just finished listening to Anthony Trollope "The Way We Live Now" read by Debra Lynn. I wanted to thank Ms. Lynn for this wonderful service. She is a very fine reader. It is a huge effort she made in doing this and I enjoyed it very much. Thank you so much, Ms. Lynn.

John B.
raynr

Post by raynr »

I listened to "The Way We Live Now", too. It's a wonderful reading and a very good book. I always think of it when I hear a lamentation about how the financial market lost its morals in the last years. If you read (or hear) the book, you know: nothing new about that... :D
"Everything in the world exists in order to end in a book." (Stéphane Mallarmé)
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Praise for gypsygirl (Karen Savage) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hi there

Could you please pass on my thanks to reader Karen Savage. I really enjoyed listening to her version of the Scarlet Pimpernel.

Thanks

Karen
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Praise for composerscott (Scott D. Farquhar) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
I am an avid reader. I had only listened to self-help books in the car prior this story. I spent a lazy day at home listening to Star Surgeon which I downloaded from librivox.org. Each character was read in a different voice making it very easy to understand who is speaking. It was great. I think will listen to more fiction from librivox.

Keep in touch

Rich
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Praise for GordMackenzie (Gord Mackenzie) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hi!

Just to say how much I loved listening to your recording [Scaramouche]. This has to be one of my favourite books and hearing it all over again made me fall in love with it one more time.

I really hope you come up with some more recordings…. Would really enjoy. I’m new to the site and the job you guys are doing is great.

Regards,

Tricia
Gord's other recordings can be found here.
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Praise for DSayers (Denny Sayers) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Robinson Crusoe.

Thought DS was halting at first but, somewhere in the first third of the book, he suddenly became Robinson Crusoe.

Brilliant reading! Brought the book completely alive. Thank you.