The Itinerant Student

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
circusrunaway

Post by circusrunaway »

Hello, LibriVox! I just discovered this place today (thanks to Brenda Dyne's Cast On podcast) and feel like I just found the home I never knew I had. I am so excited to listen voratiously to all my favorite works here, and try my hand at contributing myself!

I'm a college student originally from Boston, spending the summer in New York City,and heading off to Dallas in a couple (very) short weeks for school. I am the most insane combination of majors-- an Art History/Cinema and Television major going a pre-med track-- but I'm first and foremost a writer, which I attribute to my love of books that traces back to before I could really understand what my mom would read to me.

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone, and hear what my voice sounds like recorded!
- Laura
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

Welcome Laura! A good place to start recording is the weekly poem. It gives you a good chance to test your recording setup and fix any technical problems before you go and record a whole chapter and find out you have a bad hum or buzz!
Enjoy! :)
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable
people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress,
therefore, depends on unreasonable people." George Bernard Shaw
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

Hey Laura! With a name like circusrunaway, you are evidently kin and in good company, indeed! How exciting that you've arrived at home!

I imagine being your virtual tour guide and taking you to 33 spots at once as introduction to the place that is LibriVox. That would be about 1/1000th of the posts on the forum. :D And yet, not a tour guide, but a cousin, pointing out other cousins and camp fires you'll like the stories at.

A couple main tents first... the overview I like best is
http://librivox.org/volunteer-for-librivox/
and my favorite howto is
http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/NewbieGuideToRecording

The best way to peek into tents though is at Listeners Wanted -- http://librivox.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=21
It helps us complete projects, and the more you listen, the more you know the point of LV -- to share our love of books.

Happy happy happy your multi-faceted self has arrived!
Let us know what you're up to -- this is your thread, your own little campfire to tell us circusrunaway tales at while you're first checking out the other fires.

Anita
who would probably want to work with the elephants ... jugglers ... and clowns. :D
ceastman

Post by ceastman »

Welcome! It's great to have you here. You have so many interests, I imagine you won't have any trouble finding projects that interest you. :)

Looking forward to hearing your voice!

-Catharine
circusrunaway

Post by circusrunaway »

Thanks to everyone for such a wonderful warm welcome :) I have some ideas for poems I'd like to read, and I'm excited to give it a try!
- Laura