the name of the language

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Cgandra

Post by Cgandra »

hello

I'm Cristina and new here. I'm portuguese, and i 'm sorry i didnt see the flag of my country when i entered the site.
I love our brasilian and africans brothers and sisters, but the name of the language is "Portuguese". So, i'd like to see the symbol of my country, though i believe we all are citizens of the world...:)
russiandoll

Post by russiandoll »

Hi, Cristina. Portuguese people and their language are of course more than welcome here, as well as Brazilians and all others!
Apologies if your national pride was hurt :wink:. We know the 'flags-for-languages' thing is not ideal, and we're in the process of a site redesign that will include a change from flags to language-codes on the homepage. Believe me, the British readers here are far outnumbered by those from the United States, Canada, Australia etc., and yet 'English' is also, for the time being, represented by the UK's Union Flag.
Hope you'll be contributing some readings in Portuguese for us soon.

rd
English is the lingua franca par excellence
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Hello Cristina,

I think the translator used Portuguese as spoken in Brazil rather than Portugal and therefore it was preferred to use the Brazilian flag to make it clearer which form of the language had been used.

Cheers,
Ezwa

« Heureux qui... sait d'une voix légère passer du grave au doux, du plaisant au sévère »
Boileau
« Soyez joyeux dans l'espérance, patients dans la tribulation, persévérants dans la prière. »
Rm 12:12

Envie de lire du dramatique ?