When does the next Doctor Who start? IT HAS!

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
Primsong

Post by Primsong »

I'm a bit worried they'll make Eleven too soap-opera-y, like all the Ten-Rose goopiness that went by.... otherwise, Smith is looking fairly promising as an actor, the little I've seen of him reminds me of Two (Patrick Troughton), who is a big favorite of mine, so I'm guardedly hopeful. Now if the writers don't go bezerk and make *every* episode the "end of the world" again we might have a nice season ahead of us.

I'm very much an Old-School Whovian though - Pertwee is 'My Doctor' as well and I love the old cheese and gadgets approach. Give me a rubber monster over CGI anyday!
"Conquer the galaxy! Unimaginable power! Unlimited rice pudding!"
Welsh Librarian

Post by Welsh Librarian »

A broadcast date of Easter 2010 has been tipped (most likely date April 3rd 2010). The United States may have to wait between a fortnight and a month
Aldark

Post by Aldark »

Looks like the official date is April 17th - just before my birthday - what a gift!

http://tv.ign.com/articles/107/1072488p1.html

Exterminate! Exterminate! EXTERMINATE!!!

(When I was a kid in the '70s watching Dr Who, the Daleks freaked me the @##^ out!!)
Hazel Pethig

Post by Hazel Pethig »

30 Days to go...

--Hazel
[size=150][i][color=cyan]Eat.[/color] [color=blue]Sleep.[/color] [color=darkblue]Read.[/color] [color=indigo]Repeat.[/color][/i][/size]
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

LOL Hazel!

I can't wait either!

Esther :D
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable
people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress,
therefore, depends on unreasonable people." George Bernard Shaw
momof3Chihuahuas

Post by momof3Chihuahuas »

I just don't know if I'm interested anymore since David Tennant is gone. I really, really wish he hadn't left. I loved him as Dr. Who! And the new guy is so much younger. And to me he's not as handsome as David. *sigh*

I never saw the early ones. I only saw one or two with Eccleston (sp?) in it. He was OK, but not as gorgeous as David! I've never liked the Daleks either. I mean, they're just metal things & make a sort of boring & not-that-scary alien.

I wonder what David Tennant will do next. He's a great actor! :D I'm so gonna miss him!

And I watched Torchwood & liked it, even with the overt gay stuff, but after Torchwood: Children of Earth miniseries (which I didn't like much; best actor in it was Peter Capaldi [he played John Frobisher, the guy stuck in the middle of the mess; he's an old friend of Craig Ferguson, & I love LLS w/Craig on CBS late night]), there's hardly anyone left to have in the series! Is it even coming back? Has it come back in Britain since the miniseries?

I also wish Being Human would come back. I loved the first season. It's about Mitchell the vampire, George the werewolf, & Annie the ghost. Might be a bit goofy, but the guy playing Mitchell is Irish with a gorgeous accent & looks gorgeous too! (Yeah, sometimes I'm shallow. LOL) :wink: I just can't get into Survivors. It's so dreary. And Primeval was weak from the start & when the professor was killed, I refused to watch it anymore.

Oh, well, hopefully BBC America will have some good stuff on soon. They could almost call it the Gordon Ramsay network! Gosh, I hope I'm not even very distantly related to him! LOL (Maiden name Ramsey---& ancestors came from Scotland in the early 1700s.)

Rambling again. Haven't been around LV as much lately (Real Life can get in the way), so getting it out of my system. Thanks for reading this, whoever read the whole thing! :shock: LOL

Joy :9:
You cannot understand the glories of the universe without believing there is some Supreme Power behind it. Stephen Hawking

Twitter @momof3chis (but don't have cell phone LOL :roll:)
Hazel Pethig

Post by Hazel Pethig »

I can't believe it. The new Doctor Who starts on March 4th in the UK, and will be shown in Canada on March 17th! Only 13 days later. Usually it takes months before we see the new stuff! So tune in March 17 at 9pm eastern or 6pm pacific.

--Hazel
[size=150][i][color=cyan]Eat.[/color] [color=blue]Sleep.[/color] [color=darkblue]Read.[/color] [color=indigo]Repeat.[/color][/i][/size]
russiandoll

Post by russiandoll »

My claim to fame: I know the chap who played Gravis in 1984 (brief glimpse at 00:55 here.)
English is the lingua franca par excellence
Hazel Pethig

Post by Hazel Pethig »

Oh yea!!!!!!! The new Doctor starts tomorrow!
Image Image Image Image

--Hazel
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

YESSSSSSSS!! I can't wait though I will have to.

Esther :) :9:
Hazel Pethig

Post by Hazel Pethig »

Saw the new Doctor Who, and the family consensus is good so far. The kids liked the twist with the little girl. Can't wait for episode 2!

--Hazel
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

What did you think of the new Doctor? I'm a bit hesitant because I loved Tennant.

Esther :)
Hazel Pethig

Post by Hazel Pethig »

I think the new doctor is good, so far. He's obviously trying for a little bit of David Tennant holdover as he transitions to his own personality. Does that make sense? I like the enthusiasm he brings to the part. We will see how he develops as the series progresses.

--Hazel