[COMPLETE] Best Russian Short Stories -ed Thomas Seltzer-tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kaffen

Post by Kaffen »

I've fixed the outro on "Her Lover" and re-uploaded. Thanks for the PM; I've been absorbed in my two solos and haven't been paying attention!
- Mark

"In narrating everything is simple, but it's the simple things that are difficult." (Apologies to von Clausewitz!)
Mark's Librivoxings
Nullifidian

Post by Nullifidian »

Kaffen wrote:I've fixed the outro on "Her Lover" and re-uploaded. Thanks for the PM; I've been absorbed in my two solos and haven't been paying attention!
Thanks! :)

I have now just entered my four favorite letters in your section: "PL OK!" :D
Cloud Mountain

Post by Cloud Mountain »

Hopefully you'll read this before PLing "Vanka." Please don't waste time listening. Someone has just notified me that it has errors in it. I somehow uploaded the NEXT to final version of the story instead of the my personal proofed version. Will re-upload the correct version late tonight when home from work.

Sorry for the mix-up. --Alan
[url=http://librivox.org/newcatalog/people_public.php?peopleid=254]Alan's LV catalog[/url]
Nullifidian

Post by Nullifidian »

No worries. :)

This project doesn't have a DPL yet, so you haven't wasted anyone's time. I'll be happy to do it if that is what's required to move the project forward, but I keep on hoping someone will answer the request I put up in the Listeners & Editors forum. My plate is a little full with BCing and reading four sections. Not that I mind; I wouldn't be doing this if I hadn't fallen in love with the book, but adding another task is a little daunting. :shock:
greatbasinrain

Post by greatbasinrain »

Nullifidian wrote:No worries. :)

This project doesn't have a DPL yet, so you haven't wasted anyone's time. I'll be happy to do it if that is what's required to move the project forward, but I keep on hoping someone will answer the request I put up in the Listeners & Editors forum. My plate is a little full with BCing and reading four sections. Not that I mind; I wouldn't be doing this if I hadn't fallen in love with the book, but adding another task is a little daunting.
I'll DPL the book excluding my 3 sections if that's allowed.
Patrick
Come help out with the great Italian novel: [url=http://tinyurl.com/ylnj7q2][b][color=green]The Betrothed (I Promessi Sposi)[/color][/b][/url]
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

That's great, Patrick! I can probably PL your sections.

I'll put you in the Magic Window and PM you some instructions on how to use it.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Nullifidian

Post by Nullifidian »

greatbasinrain wrote:I'll DPL the book excluding my 3 sections if that's allowed.
Thanks! I really appreciate that. :D

And thanks to TriciaG for offering to PL your sections. :D

I'll make a note of this development in the thread I made in the Listeners & Editors forum. :)
Cloud Mountain

Post by Cloud Mountain »

Cloud Mountain reduxed with what is most likely the correct version to Chapter/Section #14:

File already exists: the original file has been renamed.
Upload successful. URL: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/tg/bestrussianshortstories_14_seltzer.mp3
[url=http://librivox.org/newcatalog/people_public.php?peopleid=254]Alan's LV catalog[/url]
coalrabbits

Post by coalrabbits »

I'd like to claim section 15 Hide and Seek by Fyodor Sologub if possible. It is only my second read so it's possible I may have questions, but the first one I did went well.

Thanks!
Nullifidian

Post by Nullifidian »

coalrabbits wrote:I'd like to claim section 15 Hide and Seek by Fyodor Sologub if possible.
Excellent choice! I considered staking a claim for this story (and Kuprin's "The Outrage" and Saltykov-Shchedrin's "How a Muzhik Fed Two Officials"—there's too much good stuff :lol:).

You're in the magic window. :)
It is only my second read so it's possible I may have questions, but the first one I did went well.

Thanks!
Sure, no problem. Like the OP says, feel free to ask in the thread or shoot me a PM and I'll do my best to help.

Happy recording! :)
Nullifidian

Post by Nullifidian »

Cloud Mountain wrote:Cloud Mountain reduxed with what is most likely the correct version to Chapter/Section #14:

File already exists: the original file has been renamed.
Upload successful. URL: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/tg/bestrussianshortstories_14_seltzer.mp3
Thank you! :)
Nullifidian

Post by Nullifidian »

I know this will come across as sudden, but I'm going to have to abandon this project. I've already given up all my other ones, so I can hardly see continuing as a member of LV when I've thrown so many other people's projects into turmoil. I'm sure it's better to break off now and do and little damage than continue here and screw even more projects up with my 'contributions'.

I've taken the liberty of removing myself as a reader, and I hope a BC will soon be found to take up this project. I wouldn't take a step this extreme if I felt that I could do even a serviceable job of reading and BCing.

I'm sorry to everyone who has volunteered for this project, and I wish you goodbye.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Oh, wow. This was totally unexpected.

Do any of the current readers want to take over as BC?
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

greatbasinrain has graciously stepped up to BC this project. Thanks so much!
greatbasinrain

Post by greatbasinrain »

I'm going to take the Introduction... Still deciding whether to pass the Cloak to someone else.
Patrick
Come help out with the great Italian novel: [url=http://tinyurl.com/ylnj7q2][b][color=green]The Betrothed (I Promessi Sposi)[/color][/b][/url]