Hello from a UK bookworm

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
pinkkittenmel

Post by pinkkittenmel »

Hi, what a wonderful concept and great to see this being put into action!
I would love to be a volunteer reader, are there any restrictions I should know about? Accents etc.? I notice most are from the USA.
Loking forward to hanging around here for a while,
Mel
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Hi Mel - no restrictions at all! We have readers with accents from all over the world. We have women reading men's parts and vice versa. We have adults, teens and even children reading for us. We have poetry, children's books, sci fi, literature, political and philosophical writings.

Just browse the fora to see what you fancy - sign up for a chapter or a poem first perhaps, read the recording tips, and off you go!

So glad to have you here - any questions, please ask!
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Ah, I see you've already signed up for some Beatrix Potter - fabulous! Hope you'll enjoy your first recording.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
kayray

Post by kayray »

Mel -- we _welcome_ regional dialects! Variety is the spice of life, or whatever :)

Happy reading,

Kara
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
LibraryLady

Post by LibraryLady »

Welcome Mel!
Annie Coleman Rothenberg
http://www.anniecoleman.com/

"I hear the sound I love, the sound of the human voice." ~Whitman