does anyone speak persian?

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

I got an inquiry, I *think* from a teacher ... but not sure. Here's what is says:
با سلام خدمت تمام محصلان و دبیران

مدتی است که از افتتاح سایت علمی محصلان ایران میگذرد و سایت نیاز به کمک شما دوستان دارد. از علاقه مندان دعوت به همکاری میشود

از دانش آموزان دعوت میشود به انجمن های دانش آموزی بیایند هر یک در مقطع تحصیلی و درس مورد علاقه خود شروع به فعالیت و مدیریت بخش مربوط به خود کند.

برای تکمیل و مدیریت انجمن های دانشجویی نیاز به کمک دانشجویان عزیز داریم.

از دبیران و اساتید محترم هم دعوت میشود تا با برگذاری دوره های آموزشی و با راهنمایی های خود به ما کمک کنند.

حسین کامکار

www.mohasselan.ir
BellonaTimes

Post by BellonaTimes »

Is there an Iranian embassy in Montreal? Or an Iranian-owned business in your area?
They call me Threadkiller.
My Catalog Page
KiltedDragon

Post by KiltedDragon »

Nicholas19 might be able to help, he seems to know a bit about those languages and cultures. Maybe?
Barry
My Recordings
Darn stuff! I have books to read!
Nicholas19

Post by Nicholas19 »

KiltedDragon wrote:Nicholas19 might be able to help, he seems to know a bit about those languages and cultures. Maybe?
I often get muddled by the formal style of Persian writing but I believe it is an invitation for cooperation with their organisation called mohasselan. It appears to be an educational institution.

How we are supposed to do that without communication in English is the big question though. ;)

I might make mistakes if I try to translate it fully so I'll leave that to someone else who speaks Persian fluently.
Nicholas J. Bridgewater

"The earth is but one country and mankind its citizens."
- Baha'u'llah
See: http://bahai.org/

Some Answered Questions.
The Promulgation of Universal Peace, Vol. I.
An Elementary Greek Grammar.
Great Plains

Post by Great Plains »

Google Translate gives this:
Hi all and with teachers Mhslan

While that of the opening of Mac Mhslan passes and need your help site like it. Cooperation with the fans is

Students are invited to the Forum each student come in degrees, and lessons start your favorite activities and to manage their section.

Complete and Management Association student's need to have the students.

Of teachers and professors are invited to respect the In progress with training and guidance to help us.

Hossein Kamkar
Not very helpful, I'm afraid :-(
Daniel, the Cylon
([url=http://librivox.org/newcatalog/people_public.php?peopleid=2136]LV Profile[/url])
albaloo

Post by albaloo »

hugh wrote:I got an inquiry, I *think* from a teacher ... but not sure. Here's what is says:
با سلام خدمت تمام محصلان و دبیران

مدتی است که از افتتاح سایت علمی محصلان ایران میگذرد و سایت نیاز به کمک شما دوستان دارد. از علاقه مندان دعوت به همکاری میشود

از دانش آموزان دعوت میشود به انجمن های دانش آموزی بیایند هر یک در مقطع تحصیلی و درس مورد علاقه خود شروع به فعالیت و مدیریت بخش مربوط به خود کند.

برای تکمیل و مدیریت انجمن های دانشجویی نیاز به کمک دانشجویان عزیز داریم.

از دبیران و اساتید محترم هم دعوت میشود تا با برگذاری دوره های آموزشی و با راهنمایی های خود به ما کمک کنند.

حسین کامکار

www.mohasselan.ir

Very rough translation:

With greeting to all students and educators,

Some time has passed since the establishment of the website of mohaselan (students) and the site requires the help of you friends. We invite all those interested to cooperation.

We invite the students [implied K-12] to join the groups at their level and their subject of interest and to become active in and manage the group.

We need the help of our dear college students to complete their groups.

We invite the esteemed educators and professors to help us by establishing education courses and with their guidance and advice.

Hossein Kamkar

A cursory glance at the website itself shows a range, from pages devoted to sample questions from the 9th grade biology book to news from the Department of Education. I couldn't find an "about" page.

Hope this helps!
Nicholas19

Post by Nicholas19 »

Thanks for that Hossein. :)

BTW, are you interested in doing any recordings in Persian for LibriVox? Perhaps some poetry? The LibriVox catalogue really lacks Persian language materials.
Nicholas J. Bridgewater

"The earth is but one country and mankind its citizens."
- Baha'u'llah
See: http://bahai.org/

Some Answered Questions.
The Promulgation of Universal Peace, Vol. I.
An Elementary Greek Grammar.
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

Thanks for the help deciphering! - I was worried that it was a direct request to cooperate with LibriVox but it sounds more general...