Hi from the Midwest

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
anju916

Post by anju916 »

Hello, my name is Anjuli. I am a high school student at Mary Institute and Country Day School. I love literature and just books in general. I found LibriVox through iTunes and i knew that i had found a place that could be really very useful to me. I have already listened to Pride & Prejudice, The Romance of Tristan and Iseult, and am starting Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. I am quite excited and willing to do volunteer work here and am infact looking forward to it. Our school has a very intense literature program but most of what we read isnt quite the Classics that i want us to read, and since i am constantly caught up with school, and piano, and independant reading, and sports, i have decided to put that iPod, which rarely leaves my ears to good use. I am soo excited!!! :wink:
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

Welcome Anjuli! I hope you will learn lots here and volunteer lots too. Most of all ENJOY yourself. :)

Two great places to start are short stories or poems so you can test out your recording setup. Here are the links:

http://librivox.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=19

And another great way to volunteer is proof listening:

http://librivox.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=21

This is a great place to get a jump on everyone else! :)
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable
people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress,
therefore, depends on unreasonable people." George Bernard Shaw
anju916

Post by anju916 »

haha, Thank you. I dont know about recording, i think i'll have to go scour the house for one, but proof listening sounds interesting. I am most definitely going to learn a lot!! YAY!!
ceastman

Post by ceastman »

Welcome! We can DEFINITELY use your help in proof-listening.

Glad you found us!

-Catharine
kayray

Post by kayray »

ceastman wrote:Welcome! We can DEFINITELY use your help in proof-listening.
Yes, welcome, welcome! I'm ready to catalog my children's history of england but for some proof-listening! If that sounds like fun, see the Our Island Story thread in the Proof LIstening section :)
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
LibraryLady

Post by LibraryLady »

Glad to see you posting here Anjuli, we need more Midwesterners represented! MICDS, eh? Fancy!
Annie Coleman Rothenberg
http://www.anniecoleman.com/

"I hear the sound I love, the sound of the human voice." ~Whitman
anju916

Post by anju916 »

Yup, definitely MICDS. It is a very beautiful place, but inside its not all THAT fancy. It's cool that you know it because a lot of people living in St. Louis dont even know it!
LibraryLady

Post by LibraryLady »

I don't know how you can not know it. It's more like a museum than a school. But then I haven't been inside. I'm a good old fashioned public school girl. :D
Annie Coleman Rothenberg
http://www.anniecoleman.com/

"I hear the sound I love, the sound of the human voice." ~Whitman
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

welcome welcome welcome!
I'm going to make an idle wager that you won't be able to resist the urge to record for any longer than ... hmm ... two and a half weeks.

your website is so fun!
I am of your mind -- the new Superman is flawless!
I was so to-the-extreme pleased with his performance and his creature grace, and with the director's handling and the director of photography's lighting and angles. Beautiful! Kevin Spacey is a magnificent Luther, too! yow. In the case of Superman, story is secondary to characterization and relationships ... something like that.

Ever since my son, Eddy, was smitten with Superman, and we videotaped a series of adventures called Superman 4-and-a-half (when Eddy was ... that age), I've had a special appreciation for the Man of Steel. My, my, that was ten years ago. [I hand-stitched a couple pretty excellent capes. :) Yup.]

welcome welcome welcome!
Anita
Anita
anju916

Post by anju916 »

Thank you,, I love Myspace, it is soo much fun and you realy can personalize it a LOT! And about Superman, Yes i would definitely have to agree. Brandon Routh was an excellent choice for Superman, he is so tall and so defined. Ahhh, he is hot.

That's pretty cool about Superman 4 and a half.

And i think that i will be able to resist recording since, i dont have the equipment and stuff, but i am am listening, so i still feel like a contributor!

Thank you.