Mornington Crescent

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
gypsygirl

Post by gypsygirl »

Isn't it a little early in the game to be playing a wild?
Karen S.
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

Not to mention that annise already played Trafalgar Square!

If we're going to start bending rules like this, I'm not sure it's even worth playing.
icyjumbo

Post by icyjumbo »

Can we have an adjudication, please?
Steampunk

Post by Steampunk »

The rules clearly allow for duplicates and wilds at this point. Someone needs to update their copy of the Hampton and Tudor Court Rules, I see. Reference Hoyle (2007).

Enough everyone playing their pet stratgies. Time for a tactical blow:

Whitechapel

Which, as a Zone 2 not only nullifies any future Wappings plays, but under the Ripper Amendments all Lurch plays are now double-scored by alternate turns.

Jim
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

I am going to let the Trafalgar thing pass, since I am clearly the only one who cares about playing things correctly, but I want to record officially that I am not happy about it.
icyjumbo

Post by icyjumbo »

Hugh, I believe the M in your name is not only invisible, but silent too :twisted:
Steampunk

Post by Steampunk »

A formal complaint? Of course, you know you have to submit that to the office of Johann Gambolputty de von Ausfern- schplenden- schlitter- crasscrenbon- fried- digger- dingle- dangle- dongle- dungle- burstein- von- knacker- thrasher- apple- banger- horowitz- ticolensic- grander- knotty- spelltinkle- grandlich- grumblemeyer- spelterwasser- kurstlich- himbleeisen- bahnwagen- gutenabend- bitte- ein- nürnburger- bratwustle- gerspurten- mitz- weimache- luber- hundsfut- gumberaber- shönedanker- kalbsfleisch- mittler- aucher von Hautkopft

...of Ulm

Good luck. I can't remember the last time anyone heard back from them. Pity we can't appeal to the local the Iberian Council like in the old days.
Last edited by Steampunk on December 2nd, 2009, 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

enough bickering.

warren street.
Captain Scarf

Post by Captain Scarf »

I miss the Iberian Council [sigh]. Still, after President Folds was found to be weighting second session decisions there was very little to be done except fold the whole thing down.

Ah well . . .

Monument

And don't think I can't see you trying to slide along the side there. You know who you are.
Si hoc legere scis, nimium eruditionis habes
BellonaTimes

Post by BellonaTimes »

oh man, I hate it when they do this on ISIHAC! However...
Over time the destinations expanded beyond the Underground. ISIHAC was recorded around the United Kingdom, and the game was occasionally modified accordingly; such cases included versions in Slough and Leeds, as well as one in Scotland played during the Edinburgh Fringe arts festival (where it was changed to being Morningside Crescent)[citation needed]. In one game, recorded in Luton, moves ranged as far as the Place de l'Étoile in Paris, Nevsky Prospekt in St. Petersburg, and Pennsylvania Avenue in Washington, DC.
so:

Adamo Drive

:P
They call me Threadkiller.
My Catalog Page
catchpenny

Post by catchpenny »

hugh wrote:
warren street.
Trafalgar Square doubled! I'll crump your Warren street and halve your Monument all in one move.
Anyone can read accurately. [i]I[/i] read with great expression.
Steampunk

Post by Steampunk »

catchpenny wrote: Trafalgar Square doubled! I'll crump your Warren street and halve your Monument all in one move.
Wow. I haven't seen the Fentoozler gambit since the Wolverhampton bumper round in '97.

Bold, but it rarely turns out in anything better than a fnord draw in the end. So...

Uxbridge

for the block.

Jim
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

A very sneaky move - I had the honour of watching Smythe use that at Hampton Court - , but he was over run by Prenton-Browne playing

Clapham South

A brilliant tactical move I thought, one of the old school players , gone alas this many a year.
Hazel Pethig

Post by Hazel Pethig »

This is beyond me now. All I was doing anyway was naming Tube stations!

--Hazel
[size=150][i][color=cyan]Eat.[/color] [color=blue]Sleep.[/color] [color=darkblue]Read.[/color] [color=indigo]Repeat.[/color][/i][/size]
Steampunk

Post by Steampunk »

Hazel Pethig wrote:This is beyond me now. All I was doing anyway was naming Tube stations!

--Hazel
Oh, great. A Triffid player... :roll:

My mistake. I thought this was a serious match.
annise wrote:A very sneaky move - I had the honour of watching Smythe use that at Hampton Court - , but he was over run by Prenton-Browne playing
Yes, but he was in his car, wasn't he? Glad that rule was changed in the Goddard–Thorn Concord.

Jim
Last edited by Steampunk on December 2nd, 2009, 10:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.