[FIXED] Once on a Time by A. A. Milne, chapter 20

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
khindall

Post by khindall »

http://librivox.org/once-on-a-time-by-a-a-milne/

In chapter 20 (mislabeled Chap 21), the following text is missing from the recording:
"Of course," said Hyacinth, deciding at once that it would not matter if she only told Coronel.

"Well, then, listen."
It should come between
"Can you keep a secret?" he asked mysteriously.
and
He told her of his secret journey to the King of Barodia's tent; he told her of the King of Barodia's letter . . .
In other words, at 7:33 in the sound file.

My apologies for nitpicking, but this is one of my favorite books, and Hyacinth's interesting notion of secrecy always makes me chuckle.

--K
KiltedDragon
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by KiltedDragon »

Thanks for catching that. I only did standard PL'ing of the file so did not catch it since it still made sense without the missing sentences. I will contact the reader about recording those two lines so we can try to get them included.

Ummm, can one of the Admin's help me out here? Once we have the recording, how do we go about fixing this? I can edit the file but then what? Also need to fix the mislabeled Chapter number (we are showing 2 chapter 21's).

Barry
Barry
My Recordings
“I became insane. With long intervals of horrible sanity.” - Edgar Allan Poe
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Barry,
Once you have the edited file ready, just post the link here and one of us will replace the file and make whatever changes are needed to the catalog and archive entries.
Thanks!
Jo
Jo
KiltedDragon
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by KiltedDragon »

Ok, the reader gave a very quick turnaround of the missing part and the section is now edited and can be found here:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/tests/onceonatime_21_milne.mp3

with a new duration time of 15:51 and 14.5 MB.

The incorrect chapter number was probably because the ID3 tag was showing Chapter 21 instead of 20 (which slipped by me when I PL'ed it :oops: ). The re-uploaded file has the correct ID3 tag on it now.
Barry
My Recordings
“I became insane. With long intervals of horrible sanity.” - Edgar Allan Poe
AmethystA

Post by AmethystA »

I can get that file replaced on the page tonight. Hmmm, the incorrect ID3 tag on the catalog page was my bad. :oops: The file has been replaced, now all that's left is for the zip file and 64kbps file to re-derive. I'll post when that is finished.

Mary
Bloom where you’re planted!
AmethystA

Post by AmethystA »

Wow, that was fast! It should be fixed now. Any other problems, don't hesitate to let us know.

I'll go ahead and mark this one fixed.
Bloom where you’re planted!