COMPLETE: Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte - AF/kl

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
kri

Post by kri »

jbieber wrote:If it's not yet claimed, I can take chapter 30. A question, how would you like St. John pronounced? (in the A&E version it's sort of slurred together like sin-gin). Let me know what you'd like, I'm easy.
Pronounce it however seems best. 30 is yours :)
jbieber

Post by jbieber »

Chapter 30 is recorded. St. John is SO stuffy. And for the record, I went with "sinjin" in the pronunciation. Editing should follow over the weekend.

Judy
"To please a child is a sweet and lovely thing that warms one's heart and brings its own reward." L. Frank Baum
kri

Post by kri »

jbieber wrote:Chapter 30 is recorded. St. John is SO stuffy. And for the record, I went with "sinjin" in the pronunciation. Editing should follow over the weekend.

Judy
Excellent :)
jbieber

Post by jbieber »

Hi Kri,

Chapter 30 is on your uploader. Time is 24:05. You can credit me as Judy Bieber in the catalogue, no URL, etc.

Thanks! Judy
"To please a child is a sweet and lovely thing that warms one's heart and brings its own reward." L. Frank Baum
thistlechick

Post by thistlechick »

If they have not yet been claimed, I'll read 31 & 32 =)
~ Betsie
Multiple projects lead to multiple successes!
kri

Post by kri »

Thanks Judy, got 30.

OK Betsie, they're yours :) That looks like we're all subscribed!
kristin

Post by kristin »

I finally got it done.

Chapter 20; Length is 39:32

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=5A99B53872821C43
beckym

Post by beckym »

Becky Crackel is my name

No website

Duration 1:18:22

Let me know how it is, since this is my first time recording - here or anywhere else

Thanks! It was fun.
kri

Post by kri »

29 and 20 received, thank you both :)
kri

Post by kri »

Becky, it looks like you've got almost an hour of silence at the end of your recording. I searched and found the "End of chapter 29" so I know I have the whole recording, but after that it's silence for a looong long time. Do you have the original version that you can cut that silence off, and re-send it to me? I can cut the silence off myself, but I'd prefer if you did it with an original WAV or audacity file. This is because if I open the MP3 and start editing it, it may lose (albeit a small amount) some of the sound quality.
beckym

Post by beckym »

I fixed the hour of silence - I don't know how it happened - it didn't show on my Goldwave screen, I don't think. I've switched to Audacity now.

The new file is at http://librivox.greenkri.com/uploader/upload.cgi?a=show&file=4a616e655f457972655f32395f42726f6e74652e6d7033
csmith2

Post by csmith2 »

Just wanted to let you know I haven't forgotten about you--I've got chapter 10 recorded, but haven't a chance to finish editing it yet. Hopefully, that'll happen this weekend. I recorded the first half of chapter 11, and then had some problems trying to read Adela's and Jane's conversation in French--I'm going to do a bit of research to figure out how to pronounce certain words, so as to not completely butcher it. Does anyone have any tips for a non-French speaker?

Other notes on pronounciation--I've just read "-shire" as "shire," (and like "the Shire" in the Lord of the Rings. Should I go back and re-record those bits, or do you think it could stand as it is?

Thanks!
Claire
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

Hi, There are actualy a few threads that ask for Frrench pronounciation which you can find here:

http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2880

You can post the words there and someone will come along (hopefully) and record pronounciations for you. :)
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable
people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress,
therefore, depends on unreasonable people." George Bernard Shaw
kri

Post by kri »

Thanks for the fixed file Becky :)

The way you did shire is fine; it's not really an integral part of the story. That's one of the difficult things about older books. They do a lot of that -(blank) stuff. Some people would say it blank-shire, some-shire, shire, or whatever. The listener will understand.
ceastman

Post by ceastman »

Chapter 33 is done:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=E0B856984473382C

There was an increase in background noise long about the 25-minute mark (mike pickup was accidentally jacked up, plus it was The Week Of Heat, so the fans were on more than usual). I attempted to solve the issue by knocking down the amplitude by ~3 db. I'm not entirely happy with the result; if anyone has suggestions for better outcome, I'd be glad to entertain them.

-Catharine