[COMPLETE] Celebrated Crimes, Vol.1 by Alexandre Dumas -sj

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
neerajanagarajan

Post by neerajanagarajan »

Still working on my teeny weeny first section. Sorry this is taking so long, will send it in today or tomorrow at the max.

ETA - It's done --

6:20

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/sj/celebratedcrimes_1-01_dumas.mp3

:D
aravis

Post by aravis »

Thanks a lot, Neeru! :D

Elli
Elli

"Tiefer und tiefer zogen die Buchstaben ihn hinab, wie ein Strudel aus Tinte...dorthin wo auch Staubfinger verschwunden war. An den Ort, an dem alle Geschichten enden." (Cornelia Funke)
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

Neeru - Sec 1 is just fine. :)
neerajanagarajan

Post by neerajanagarajan »

Thanks very much, Karen! Was keeping my fingers crossed, because of all the foreign language words in that one little section... :D
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

Jacquerie - All 3 of your new sections are just fine!
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

neerajanagarajan wrote:Thanks very much, Karen! Was keeping my fingers crossed, because of all the foreign language words in that one little section... :D
The intro makes me look forward to more volumes. :)
momof3Chihuahuas

Post by momof3Chihuahuas »

Thank you so much, Neeru! :thumbs: Excellent! I really appreciate it!

Thank you too, Karen, for your great PL'ing! That's right; the intro tells something about each volume in this series. Personally, I'm looking forward to the volume about Mary, Queen of Scots, although I wonder how historically accurate it will be.

It would be really cool to get this book wrapped up by the end of November, but I'm not sure it'll happen. We'll see. But a big thanks to all of you who've already recorded your sections & to Karen, Elli, & Sarah!

OK, I'm off to do some PL'ing for end-of-month projects!
Joy :D
Kevin Maxson

Post by Kevin Maxson »

I'm still here; hope to have the first section soon. Don't know if they'll all be done by the end of November, but if I get on a roll... ;-)

Thanks!
aravis

Post by aravis »

Hi Kevin!

Thanks a lot for letting us know! Have fun reading! :D

Elli
Elli

"Tiefer und tiefer zogen die Buchstaben ihn hinab, wie ein Strudel aus Tinte...dorthin wo auch Staubfinger verschwunden war. An den Ort, an dem alle Geschichten enden." (Cornelia Funke)
momof3Chihuahuas

Thanks, Kevin! I'm looking forward to hearing you! :D
You cannot understand the glories of the universe without believing there is some Supreme Power behind it. Stephen Hawking

Twitter @momof3chis (but don't have cell phone LOL :roll:)
Kevin Maxson

Post by Kevin Maxson »

Wow, this sure is a lot of Italian names to stumble through. Oddly enough, it's not the names I've having trouble with, but the lack of periods in the text. It's tough to hold the right inflection through run-on sentences. I'm stopping and starting a lot in the same project. That should be ok, though. I've found a fairly peaceful environment for doing this.

At least, until my preschooler gets home. ;-)
smijen

Post by smijen »

That's what editing is for! It's easiest to edit if you re-read from a place where there's a natural pause (the last period, comma, etc.). Sounds like that may be hard to do in this case :lol: but you'll save yourself some editing time if you do it. Another tip is to keep the recording going (or hit pause) even if you have to stop reading to get a pronunciation or to parse a sentence. If you stop it and start a new file each time, it's more of a hassle to edit and you can usually tell where the join is.
Android users - try Orthografiend, a free word game from the maker of Checker.
momof3Chihuahuas

Excellent advice, Sarah! :D That's what I do in Audacity; I don't stop my recording. I just let it keep recording since I can easily edit out the times when I'm not actually reading. Much simpler for me (or pausing, as you also mentioned).

Remember, the deadline is 1 Feb. 2010, so after the holidays, I'll be eagerly expecting some recordings to be turned in. I know everyone is busy this time of year, but--and I say this very kindly/gently---if recordings aren't turned in by Jan. 15, those sections will be orphaned/opened (without notification to the current assigned readers) for others to claim so we can get this wrapped up by the deadline. And if there's some reason our remaining readers can't record their sections, that's fine; life happens & we all get busy---as it says in the first post, there's no shame in that at all.

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season & a fantastic 2010! :D

Joy :9:
You cannot understand the glories of the universe without believing there is some Supreme Power behind it. Stephen Hawking

Kevin Maxson

Post by Kevin Maxson »

I've been opening and closing the project and it makes a new track serially in the file - but plays them one after the other. Seems ok to listen to. I just don't have the time to record from stop to finish at one session, unfortunately.

Hoping to get a bunch done during the holidays!
momof3Chihuahuas

Hi, Kevin!

Oh, I know things are too busy this close to Christmas for anyone to get much done. There will be more time after the holidays. I just wanted to remind everyone of the deadline (for after the holidays). From what I remember of your test, you're a great reader with an excellent voice, so LV definitely needs you. :thumbs: I definitely don't want to put off someone who can be such an asset to LV! :D

If what you're doing works, that's great! :D But like Sarah said, if you just keep recording or just click on pause you won't get the multiple tracks. I always keep recording & just edit out the extra time or noises. But whatever works best for you is fine, of course.

I didn't mean to sound harsh---just want to get this done hopefully by the deadline. It's my first BC (book coordinating) project, so I'm sort of new at doing things from this end. I'm used to PL'ing (quite a bit) & even recording, but I wanted to learn how to be a BC too (which is why aravis--Elli--is my co-BC for this project, since I didn't have any practice at this).

Thanks for the update! Have a wonderful holiday season!
Joy :9:

P.S. Not that it matters, really, but Kevin is my hubby's name---did you know it means "kind and gentle"? :) Good name!