[OK] Women in Love

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
readingivy

Post by readingivy »

for the book women in love by d.h. lawrence the last few sections on "continental" are actually part of the chapter "snow". i was on section 3 before i realized it and was wondering why i couldn't locate my place in the book!

edit: the book that i'm reading has the chapter entitled "snow" there is a good chance that the book being read on the recording combines the "snow" chapter with the "continental" one
Last edited by readingivy on October 29th, 2009, 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steampunk

Post by Steampunk »

readingivy wrote:for the book women in love by d.h. lawrence the last few sections on "continential" are actually part of the chapter "snow". i was on section 3 before i realized it and was wondering why i couldn't locate my place in the book!
It might be helpful to cite some specific examples. It's possible the edition you're reading from is different than the one read for LibriVox.

Jim
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

Modern editions are indeed different from the Project Gutenberg text that I recorded.

In the Project Gutenberg text, the last three chapters are:

CHAPTER XXIX. Continental
CHAPTER XXX. Snowed Up
CHAPTER XXXI. Exeunt

I remember I looked at a modern Penguin edition to compare one or two typos in the PG text, and there was indeed a chapter called Snow. I'm not surprised that later editions split Continental - it was a huge chapter.

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
readingivy

Post by readingivy »

the penguin edition is the one my friend is using in class. she asked me to help her with a paper they have due next week, but i figured i needed to at least be familiar with the book. thank you so much for recording this! between work and preparing for grad school i hardly have time to read anymore, but with the recording i've been able to listen at work and it makes the time go my really quick!