[COMPLETE] Beverly Of Graustark by G.B. McCutcheon - lb

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
luciburg

Post by luciburg »

SunshineInMySoul wrote:http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/lb/beverlyofgraustark_26_mccutcheon.mp3

This chapter's duration is 20:03. Thirty will be coming soon, I think. ;)
Thanks for ch. 26 and look forward to your next recording.

Lucy :)
[b]There are no strangers, only friends you haven't met yet.[/b]
SunshineInMySoul

Post by SunshineInMySoul »

It is vain to say human beings ought to be satisfied with tranquility; they must have action; and they will make it if they cannot find it. ~~ Charlotte Bronte
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Thanks ,
I'll add it to the MW for Lucy

Anne
wendeltopper

Post by wendeltopper »

Sections 16, 26, 30 all PL OK. MW updated. Great job!

Wendel :D
Wendel

Truth is the daughter of time, and I feel no shame in being her midwife. - Johannes Kepler
luciburg

Post by luciburg »

Thanks sunshine for completing your files and thank you to Anne and Wendel for helping out with this project.

A few chapters have become available to be reclaimed.

cereselle

Post by cereselle »

I'd like to take chapter 4, if I may. Thanks!
luciburg

Post by luciburg »

Thanks cereselle, chapter 04 is all yours.

shrikerlove

Post by shrikerlove »

Newbie Alert! :twisted:

Hello All,

I did notice that Chapters 14, 19 and 22 have come available in this project. Aside from my test recording (which I have not been able to post yet .....I'm @ work) I would hope that these chapters might be my firsts! I will be posting my test this evening (PDT) and you all can decide from their if I am worthy to join this little project yet ^_^

:idea: Trish
luciburg

Post by luciburg »

shrikerlove wrote:Newbie Alert! :twisted:

Hello All,

I did notice that Chapters 14, 19 and 22 have come available in this project. Aside from my test recording (which I have not been able to post yet .....I'm @ work) I would hope that these chapters might be my firsts! I will be posting my test this evening (PDT) and you all can decide from their if I am worthy to join this little project yet ^_^

:idea: Trish
Hi Trish, welcome to Librivox and to the project. Chapters 14, 19 and 22 are all yours.

Please read the first post of this thread carefully.

Please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal web site/blog.

As you mentioned this being your first recording, a sample recording of a minute or so is the way to go, this way you will be able to make sure the sound quality etc is all right - often things can be improved at the outset that are difficult to fix later. To do this, first upload your test recording:

Test your recording setup!
http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/HowToRecord
  • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader – select Tests. (when your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please copy it):
    http://upload.librivox.org
    (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    You'll need to select the MC, which for this purpose is: xx - Non-project files
  • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
Now please go to the Listeners and Editors Wanted forum and start a new thread (click 'New Topic' at the top left of your screen). For subject, put something like "CC - Titleofrecording by Author" (CC stands for constructive criticism) and include in the message: the link to your file and what type of feedback you would like to receive. Please note: In order to keep this forum current, requests for feedback on test recordings and similar individual files will be deleted ~ one month after they are first posted.
shrikerlove

Post by shrikerlove »

Thanks Lucy!

I did my 1 Minute Test... well 51 seconds of it anyhow :wink: here is the topic: http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=393750#393750

I am not altogether happy with the recording quality but am no expert on what types of things would fix the type of wa-wa Charlie Brown sound I am hearing... I will certainly fix that before I do the chapters here but will wait for feedback on how best to fix things -

Thanks!

Also - Patricia Rutledge should be fine for my name :)
Tricia - Shrike
luciburg

Post by luciburg »

"To be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, all unrecorded sections that were claimed more than 2 months ago will be orphaned on November 7th unless the claimants post in this thread before then to reclaim the section."
JimOCR

Post by JimOCR »

May I claim the daunting task of describing "Beverly Calhoun", i.e. Chapter 02?
luciburg

Post by luciburg »

JimOCR wrote:May I claim the daunting task of describing "Beverly Calhoun", i.e. Chapter 02?
By all means, chapter 02 is all yours.

JimOCR

Post by JimOCR »

Here is Chapter 2:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/lb/beverlyofgraustark_02_mccutcheon.mp3

it is duration 21 minutes 19 seconds.
luciburg

Post by luciburg »

JimOCR wrote:Here is Chapter 2:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/lb/beverlyofgraustark_02_mccutcheon.mp3

it is duration 21 minutes 19 seconds.
Fantastic! thank you very much.