[dealt with]Error in author name for My Father's Dragon

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
padraigo

Post by padraigo »

Hi,

My Father's Dragon was written by Ruth Stiles Gannett, however in a few places in the catalog entry (including the url : http://librivox.org/my-fathers-dragon-by-ruth-stiles-garnett/) her surname is sometimes spelt as Garnett.

A second occurance of this is the Wikipedia link on the catalogue page :
"Wikipedia – Ruth Stiles Garnett".

All the best,

Padraig
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

THe catalogue name can be anything I choose - :D and just looks sloppy but doesn't affect the search in anyway - I could call it mugwump if I wished - my typing skills are poor :oops:

The Wikipedia entry wasn't done by me - I would never have put the child's age there, so its really nothing to do with Librivox.

Anne
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Anne,

Padraigo was referring to the LV catalog page link to Ruth Gannett on wikipedia. I've fixed this one. I left the url, because if we change it now, it will break all the links to this page in other places (such as the wiki entry you were referring to among others.) :)

Jo
Jo
padraigo

Post by padraigo »

Hi Jo,
knotyouraveragejo wrote:Anne,

Padraigo was referring to the LV catalog page link to Ruth Gannett on wikipedia. I've fixed this one.
That's right Jo, it was the link on the catalog page itself I was referring to. Thanks for correcting it.
knotyouraveragejo wrote: I left the url, because if we change it now, it will break all the links to this page in other places (such as the wiki entry you were referring to among others.) :)

Jo
I understand, this makes sense. Fewer people will look at the spelling of a URL anyway, I'd guess.

Thanks,

Padraig