[FIXED] Adventures of Ulysses - start of Chapter 9 missing

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
faculaganymede

Post by faculaganymede »

Error report:

The beginning of Chapter 9 is missing. Can someone please send me a complete version or correct it?

Thanks very much!
russiandoll

Post by russiandoll »

Thank you for letting us know, faculaganymede. I can't help you with a full file, I'm afraid (and I'm not sure that it looks terribly promising for a quick fix :() - the following is information from the 'user-end' check I just did for whoever might be able to pick this up and help further:

All three formats are affected, starting mid-sentence. The stated run-time, 17:25, is the time of this curtailed recording. (Catalogue page here: http://librivox.org/the-adventures-of-ulysses-by-charles-lamb/ )
The reader was Rebecca (RebeccaD) who doesn't seem to have been around for quite a while (Adventures of Ulysses was catalogued on 10 May 2007).
Forum thread for it is here http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7323 - looks like it was kayray that catalogued it though Cori was MC.
English is the lingua franca par excellence
Cori

Post by Cori »

I can email Rebecca tonight and see if she's got a backup -- I've not got one myself.
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Any word from Rebecca?
Jo
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

This has been hanging around a long time.

There are only about 500 words missing from the beginning of the chapter. Assuming there was no reply from Rebecca, I'm happy to record them and splice them in if there are no objections.

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

i´m in favour!
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

OK! Here is the amended file, The added part is the first 4:07. I have used Rebecca's intro.

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/rg/ulysses_09_lamb.mp3
21:21

I will upload to archive tomorrow if no-one has any objection. If someone has time to give it a quick listen, I should be grateful.

Ruth
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

Amended file uploaded, project re-derived, zipfile checked and catalogue page amended. Project now complete.

Ruth