[COMPLETE]Scott's Last Expedition Vol. I - km

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

BigStory wrote:Hi There, I would like to work on Chapters 25 & 26, and if that works well, I will take the final two as well.

Thanks,
Gordon
Hi Gordon, welcome to LibriVox. Sections 25 and 26 have been assigned to you. Unless you have previous recording experience, you might like to submit a 3 or 4 minute sample of the beginning of your section to make sure the technical issues are all ironed out. :)

Just post it to this thread, and I'll have a listen. When you reply, please tell me the name you wish to use for catalog credit and your URL, if any.
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

Yes, that will be fine - thank you for the section.
BigStory

Post by BigStory »

Hi, thanks for the welcome. I have uploaded a sample for you. I was also unsure of the style, if it should be more dramatic or more clinical, since is was a journal. I chose more a more factual reading style.

Your feedback is appreciated.
- Gordon

(You'll have to cut and paste the link)
Upload successful. URL: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/km/Sample - expeditionvol1_31_scott.mp3
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

cpalmer17 wrote:Here is the link for Chapter IV- Settling In. This link has the reading for both Sections 8 and 9. Please let me know if this works OK or if there are any problems. Thanks!

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/km/expeditionvol1_0809_scott.mp3.mp3
cpalmer, I just finished listening to your long section - it was beautifully done! Just one thing - it lacks an end announcement! (see the first post for details).

As long as you are revisiting the matter, would you mind splitting the section into the two parts? While the big section can be processed this way, there is some confusion in post processing with the files from there on because a number is missing from the sequence. Also, listeners sometimes complain if a section is too long to fit on a single CD.

Again, beautiful reading!
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

BigStory wrote:Hi, thanks for the welcome. I have uploaded a sample for you. I was also unsure of the style, if it should be more dramatic or more clinical, since is was a journal. I chose more a more factual reading style.

Your feedback is appreciated.
- Gordon

(You'll have to cut and paste the link)
Upload successful. URL: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/km/Sample - expeditionvol1_31_scott.mp3
Hi Gordon - I just listened to your sample, and it was beautifully done! Just one thing - it could be higher volume. It amplifies and noise cleans just fine, but it is even better if it can be louder on the recording end. Also, it is usual for readers to edit out "repeat" places themselves.

Please go ahead with your assignment; I'm looking forward to it!
BigStory

Post by BigStory »

Hi There! Well, I have uploaded Section 25, which is Part 2 of Chapter 12. Here is the link:

Upload successful. URL: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/km/expeditionvol1_25_scott.mp3

I tried to get the volume up, as well as to clean it a little. I am learning a lot and having fun. Feedback is always welcome.

If this is working well, please add my name to sections 31 and 32, which will finish the book!

Thanks, Gordon
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

BigStory wrote:Hi There! Well, I have uploaded Section 25, which is Part 2 of Chapter 12. Here is the link:

Upload successful. URL: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/km/expeditionvol1_25_scott.mp3

I tried to get the volume up, as well as to clean it a little. I am learning a lot and having fun. Feedback is always welcome.

If this is working well, please add my name to sections 31 and 32, which will finish the book!

Thanks, Gordon
Thank you for Sec 25, Gordon - Sec 31 and 32 are yours!
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

and with that, we're over to "Readers Found!"
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

Hi Big Story - You did a fine job on Sec 25. I amplified it in Audacity, and it is just fine, doesn't pick up any noise. It's OK to go!
gsolgaard

Post by gsolgaard »

kmerline

Post by kmerline »

Thank you, gsolgard - I'll be back soon to listen!
gsolgaard

Post by gsolgaard »

Hi, the listen link in the magic window for section 24 seems to be wrong. I get 23 file when I try it.
russiandoll

Post by russiandoll »

Anyone interested in these chaps got about £100,000 to spare?
English is the lingua franca par excellence
russiandoll

Post by russiandoll »

gsolgaard wrote:Hi, the listen link in the magic window for section 24 seems to be wrong. I get 23 file when I try it.
I hopped 'backstage' and fixed the listen link while I was here. Should work now!
English is the lingua franca par excellence
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

Sorry! :oops: Thanks philippa!