[COMPLETE] The Story of a Soul by St Therese of Lisieux - sj

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

momof3Chihuahuas wrote:P.S. Thanks again so much, Ann, for your prayers for Elmer, my stepdad. He's doing fairly well now; he even made the short drive to his brother's house today on his own. Thank You, Lord!! Kevin & I stopped by to see Mom & Elmer this afternoon. We're so thankful he's doing better. I know without a doubt that your prayers helped, as well as otrher people's, of course. Thank you again!! :)

Hi Joy,

I am so glad that Elmer is getting better! If he's in a car driving, then he is definitely on the mend. I love it when God helps us in our time of need!

I will get the edits done in a few days. I need to check the 'desert' vs 'dessert' part with the book that I have. I know that I stumbled there and wasn't sure myself which word it should be. I think that she may have been talking about the 'deserts' that we encounter in our lives, as in when we feel all alone and even God has abandoned us. But, I will check to see if I can find it. The book that I have for Book Club has chapters 9-11 set up differently. I will let you know what I find.

I can post that I have done the changes and let smijen know that it's time to catalogue. Just make sure to check back at least five times a day! If you can't find it here in the Solo section, check the Completed Projects. I can't wait!!!! :D

Ann
momof3Chihuahuas

Post by momof3Chihuahuas »

Ann, you may be right about that section; I just couldn't tell for sure, which is why I went to m-w.com to hear the pronounciations. (I'm also subscribed to the Unabridged dictionary there due to being a proofreader, but I haven't proofed in months.)

It is exciting to help finish a book! :D Someday I might even do a solo of my own, once I find what I want to read. I'm in no hurry right now, though; I'm still learning how to record. :)

Yes, I'll be checking to see when the book is catalogued! :) This experience was invaluable to me; thanks!

Joy :D
You cannot understand the glories of the universe without believing there is some Supreme Power behind it. Stephen Hawking

Twitter @momof3chis (but don't have cell phone LOL :roll:)
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Hi Joy,

Here is section 11, all edits done. 35.1 MB and 38:20.

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/sj/storyofasoul_11_thereseoflisieux.mp3

I left desert as I pronounced it. In the other book that I have, the translator wrote it as people who have more of a reason for God to love them then Therese. I think that she is talking about the desert, as in the arid place. She may have looked at desserts as frivolous, so I think that it may not fit there as well as desert. Hopefully it is OK.
Last edited by icequeen on July 30th, 2009, 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

And here is section 12, all edits done. 52.1 MB and 56:55

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/sj/storyofasoul_12_thereseoflisieux.mp3

Smijen, you can catalogue whenever you are ready! I uploaded this section spelled wrong, so I re-uploaded with the correct spelling. I hope this doesn't mess you up too much.
tsoapm

Post by tsoapm »

Thank you all so much for working on this. I'm really looking forward to it.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

tsoapm wrote:Thank you all so much for working on this. I'm really looking forward to it.
You are so very welcome! This book is a joy to read and I hope that everyone enjoys listening to it. I just hope that I did it justice!
momof3Chihuahuas

Tsoapm, icequeen (Ann) did a great job! I really enjoyed proof-listening it! :) You'll really like it; it's such a nice book!

Ann, I'm sure your edits are fine, so I won't need to check them. This will be catalogued soon, I'm assuming.

Joy :D
You cannot understand the glories of the universe without believing there is some Supreme Power behind it. Stephen Hawking

smijen

Post by smijen »

Hi all - I was just wondering what happened to this project, so came to the thread and realized I've missed a whole lot of action! My notifications must not have been working. :( I get this catalogued asap.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Oh yeah! I can't wait!
momof3Chihuahuas

Cool! Thanks so much, Sarah! :)

Me :D

P.S. I don't know how the MCs keep up with everything going on here! You're all amazing! :thumbs:

smijen

Post by smijen »

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: http://librivox.org/the-story-of-a-soul-by-saint-therese-of-lisieux/

Great work, Ann and Joy!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

You can't see me, but I am dancing right now! Thank you so much Joy and Sarah for all the work that you two put into this project. I hope everyone enjoys this book as much as I enjoyed reading it for LV!
smijen

Post by smijen »

momof3Chihuahuas

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Awesome! Fantastic! :clap: :clap: :clap:

This is so cool!! :thumbs:

Me! :9: