[OK] Warlord of Mars - truncated?

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

Could someone check?
Just wanted to let you know, Warlord of Mars by Edgar Rice Burroughs recording at 64 kbps mp3 is no good. I’m on a boat on the Mississippi River and just spent 8 hours downloading it on a VERY slow air card connection. I listened to the first 3 chapters and they all stop way before the end of the chapter. Since it seems the 64 bit mp3 and the orb files are usually the same length, but looking at this audio book, they are very different sizes, so I’m assuming all the chapters except the last one (done by Karla) are only partial chapters. Since my connection is so slow, I haven’t been able to check the 128 kbps files. Maybe you could put a note on the download page to save us folks stuck with slow speed air cards. Thanks..Steve
Last edited by hugh on July 20th, 2009, 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
KiltedDragon
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by KiltedDragon »

I downloaded and listened to the first 3 chapters at 64 kbps mp3 and the files are complete. Perhaps with the really slow connection, it just quit downloading before getting the entire file?
Barry
My Recordings
“I became insane. With long intervals of horrible sanity.” - Edgar Allan Poe
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

thanks! I think that's the likely explanation.