[RESOLVED] Celilia: Memoirs of an Heiress

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
beckah

Post by beckah »

I don't know if it's just me or if anyone else has had problems downloading Cecilia: Memoirs of an Heiress by Fanny Burney? I've tried several times over the past 3 days and after it seems like the download is complete there is nothing there. I get an error message saying the file is corrupted. Any suggestions? Thank You. beckah_72@comcast.net
“The more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.”

- Dr. Seuss,
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

It's a big zip file (almost a GB) and they tend to get corrupted if the download gets interrupted even briefly. You might try using a download manager. Downthemall is a popular choice if you use Firefox as your web browser, but there are a variety of free ones available that you can download. The other alternative is to download the files individually, but for 107 chapters that would be a chore.
Jo
beckah

Post by beckah »

Thank You so much for the suggestion - I'll give the down load manager a try. I was getting frustrated & grateful that I can try something else.
“The more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.”

- Dr. Seuss,
AmethystA

Post by AmethystA »

I'm going to go ahead and mark this resolved. If anyone else has problems downloading this, we may try to divide the zip up by the Book ##'s so it's easier to download.

If this continues to be problem, feel free to post here again and we'll work on this.

Thanks!

Mary
Bloom where you’re planted!