Aussie audio book lover

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
jugglematt

Post by jugglematt »

Hi all
i have used and enjoyed audio books for over 15 years now. while i drive and while i work i pop on the walkman (now a mp3) and listen to many different books . i also love to take walks on the beach near my home and listen to a book.

its always a challange to find new and varied audio books , so i was so pleased to stumble across this site via a google search

ive already downloaded a couple of books and am looking foward to enjoying them .

great stuff keep up the good work.

by the way i live in australia on the east coast , and enjoy scuba , photography and playing with computers .
regards
matt
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

Hiya Matt!

You've sure found a spot to keep your mp3 player fed! The challenge here is deciding which thing next -- a profusion of choices. I am also an extreme listener :D

So I recommend a real ear-opener:
Listeners Wanted
http://librivox.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=21
There's something unusual about listening to works in progress, works about to go public, works that need someone to say "It sounds like you meant to cut out the part where the dog grabbed the mic at 12:43..."

And then... don't be surprised if suddenly you find yourself recording. It's that kind of place around here.

W e l c o m e !
anita
Anita
vee

Post by vee »

Hi Matt. I'm always surprised at how many people just stumble over us. Glad you're enjoying the work. Hopefully we'll here some recordings from you in the future.

Chris
Chris Vee
"You never truly understand something until you can explain it to your grandmother." - Albert Einstein
ceastman

Post by ceastman »

Hi Matt! Thanks for the feedback. :)

Anita's right; you could be of real help over in the Listeners Wanted area. It's a neat way to listen to something you might not have thought of on your own (I never thought I'd enjoy listening to a chapter of The History of the Pelopponesian War, but hey..), and it's a nice way to get a listen to our many and varied readers.

Enjoy your stay!

-Catharine
jugglematt

Post by jugglematt »

hey guys
thanks for the info ive downloaded a work in progress
im looking foward to having a listen .

regards
matt
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

Super!
I have to say, for me, Listeners and Editors wanted was a place that made me feel most plugged in to LibriVox -- recording is completely wonderful to do, I love it, but it's less shared as an activity itself, even though the recording will be shared.

I discovered (and NEVER expected this!) the joy of hearing chapters out of order. And I find that it's a spot more likely to generate actual discussions of the text itself, though I can't figure out why that is. I went over to Listeners and Editors Wanted initially as a dutiful volunteer, and I keep returning to it when I can because I just love the climate there.

anita
Anita