Short Science Fiction Collections - Duplicate

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
AlexeyMK

Post by AlexeyMK »

Hey,

First, to whomever is in charge of collecting the Short Science Fiction Collections - thank you a ton. I'm listening to them while cycling; they're great.

Still; there are a number of duplicates between the collections. I've seen "Toy Shop" more than once, as well as Vonnegut's "2BRNOT2B." I haven't thoroughly examined them, but perhaps, if the use case is in fact to listen to them one at a time, it might make sense to go through and clear the duplicates?

Thanks!
Alexey
Steampunk

Post by Steampunk »

AlexeyMK wrote:Hey,

First, to whomever is in charge of collecting the Short Science Fiction Collections - thank you a ton. I'm listening to them while cycling; they're great.

Still; there are a number of duplicates between the collections. I've seen "Toy Shop" more than once, as well as Vonnegut's "2BRNOT2B." I haven't thoroughly examined them, but perhaps, if the use case is in fact to listen to them one at a time, it might make sense to go through and clear the duplicates?

Thanks!
Alexey
I think we're up to five versions of 2BR02B.

The "duplicates" are indeed the same story, but recorded by different people. We welcome and encourage such diversity as it gives a Choice of Voice.

Please do listen to them all, and I'm sure you'll find a favorite, perhaps more than one. We'd welcome your contribution, as well, either of a story already recorded or one waiting to be discovered.

Welcome to LibriVox! :)

Jim
AlexeyMK

Post by AlexeyMK »

Jim,

Wow, thanks for the quick reply and the clarification. As for becoming a reader; maybe, though I don't think that's what I'm suited for. We'll see.

On the idea of having multiple readers; I noticed that, actually; it was, as you said, quite fun to hear the same story by multiple readers.

Still; it would be nice to have an option of having a collection with only non-repeats (readers selected at random or by popular choice); if the use case is, in fact, somebody reading a series of the collection-sets in order, it would be preferable to not have story repeats unless that was what you were explicitly looking for.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

All of the stories can be downloaded separately - so you could have your own personal collection :D

Anne