Beyond Good and Evil - Part One

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
ominiousd

Post by ominiousd »

Approximate Time: 14:49

Part One, Section 9

You desire to LIVE "according to Nature"? Oh, you noble
Stoics, what fraud of words! Imagine to yourselves a being like
Nature, boundlessly extravagant, boundlessly indifferent, without
purpose or consideration, without pity or justice, at once
fruitful and barren and uncertain:
imagine to yourselves
INDIFFERENCE as a power--how COULD you live in accordance with
such indifference?

The bold portion is skipped in the recording and should be corrected.

Ominious_D
Steampunk

Post by Steampunk »

Hi, Ominious_D. Thanks for the error report. As russiandoll said previously here, "we can't and don't guarantee 100% accuracy in our efforts." By my estimate, the missing portion would be about 10 seconds long, giving an accuracy rate of about 99.7%. That ain't bad in my book... Unless the omission substantially changes the meaning of the text (which, IMO, it doesn't), it probably isn't worth the trouble of re-recording and re-uploading.

That being said, there is the possibility that the original reader (one Hugh McGuire, who I think is still around occasionally :) ) will agree the correction should be made and record and insert the missing text. Or, you (or anyone else so inclined) are welcome to re-record the section and submit your own version for the catalog. We love multiple versions!

Jim
There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise.
-- Gore Vidal

Post by ominiousd »

Jim/Steampunk,

Thank you for your reply. I just try to report the errors that I find. I seem to have a keen eye and ear for those details.

If it helps, wonderful; if not, ignore it.

Thank you again for providing a wonderful service.

Sincerely,

Ominious_D