COMPLETE: History of the Pelop. War, by Thucydides - NF/ge

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Super, thanks, Berry!
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
cberrius

Post by cberrius »

Here is the link to chapter 14.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=B89C3DA6447AF5C7

It is somewhat more ragged than my previous chapters, being longer and involving a whole bunch of really obscure Spartan and Boeotian names. I think it meets the 98% rule, but am open to taking another crack at it if that be the judgement of my peers. I offer it by way of timeliness.

There also appear to be a few cruel typos in the Gutenberg text. It would be shocking if there weren't, but I'd be curious if anyone else has found anything that looks like that.

Berry
VictoriaVipere

Post by VictoriaVipere »

I know I am late. I am going to do laundry, hang out at home and finish this chapter tomorrow. I have about 3/4 of it edited now. I should be able to finish it up tomorrow.
If all the world is a stage, I am still waiting in the wings.
ceastman

Post by ceastman »

cberrius wrote: There also appear to be a few cruel typos in the Gutenberg text. It would be shocking if there weren't, but I'd be curious if anyone else has found anything that looks like that.
Oh yes. I found at least two in one short story I proofed. :) Write to errata[AT]pglaf.org if you think you've found an error.

-Catharine
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Thank you, Berry, downloading now... and thank you, Victoria.

I've found lots of typos in PG texts... just one of those things. Hard to get rid of.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
Alys

Post by Alys »

I haven't done anything about typos in the collaborative works I've done, but on my solo projects, I keep a running text file with all the edits, and then send them in at the end. They thanked me. They want the best product just as much as we do. I've often thought of suggesting that people point out the problems and have the BC send them in at the end, but that would be just one more thing the poor overworked BC has to do, so I decided it wasn't a good idea after all.
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Yes, that would be good in theory... I often think that I should email them errors, but then I usually forget. Too many other things...
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Berry, the download for chapter 14 didn't work - tried several times and got only 0KB out of it. Could you upload again, preferably straight to my server at http://gesine.librivox.org
Password upl0ad1t
Please use Firefox if you can.
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Quick status update:

We're waiting for four files (assuming Berry's chapter 14 will be re-sent, see last post):
  • Chapter 10 by Dragoness - last update on 05 June saying that file was 1/2 edited.
  • Chapter 13 by cberrius - any news?
  • Chapter 21 by VictoriaVipere - last update on 07 June saying file was 3/4 edited.
  • Chapter 23 by Deborah177 - last update in May. She was hoping to get it done by the end of May as she's moving from Europe to Canada on 06 June - so I assume she didn't manage to get it done (having moved myself just now, I can certainly sympathise...).
I'll email Deborah to see if she wants to open this up again. An update from the other three readers would be appreciated...

Proof-listening is in progress and all listeners are very impressed how well everyone here has been reading this difficult text! :)
alexfoster

Post by alexfoster »

I'm really impressed you've done so well with such a monster of a project!

Alex
[url]http://www.alexfoster.me.uk[/url]
Work in progress: [url=http://www.alexfoster.me.uk/podcasting]here[/url]
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Yes, aren't the readers great, and the proof-listeners have been so helpful too, and Peter Why, who is helping with edits! :)
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Update:

cberrius wrote to say he's finished chapter 13 as well, and will upload both 13 and 14 when he's back from a conference on 27 June.

Deborah wrote to say she's moved back to Canada and is editing her chapter; she was hoping to get it done earlier this week.

I've PMd Dragoness, VictoriaVipere and Deborah to ask for updates - just three more chapters to go, then this is in the can! :)
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Good news from VictoriaVipere: her section is done and will be sent today!

I also received cberrius's files and they are already being proof-listened.

Still waiting for Deborah's chapter, and haven't heard from Dragoness since earlier this month. Will try to contact again.
VictoriaVipere

Post by VictoriaVipere »

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=05BAF9B72E8CFE63

It needs editing, but it's done.... and probably awful. I think I'll stick with solo projects from now on. It is hard for me to be responsible to someone else.
If all the world is a stage, I am still waiting in the wings.
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Aw, Victoria... I'm sure it'll be fine! Thanks very much. :)