Alice in Wonderland

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
wiredgirl

Post by wiredgirl »

Hi there,

I'm here to read Alice in Wonderland. As I'm female, my voice doesn't seem suited to many of the sci-fi and adventure stories I like to listen to. Imagine Jack London read in a funny soprano, it will never work. However, I can handle Alice in Wonderland and many children's stories that won't be tackled by my geeky male bretheren anytime soon.

-Katherine
LibraryLady

Post by LibraryLady »

wiredgirl wrote:Hi there,

I'm here to read Alice in Wonderland. As I'm female, my voice doesn't seem suited to many of the sci-fi and adventure stories I like to listen to. Imagine Jack London read in a funny soprano, it will never work. However, I can handle Alice in Wonderland and many children's stories that won't be tackled by my geeky male bretheren anytime soon.

-Katherine
Welcome, Katherine! I think you'd be surprised how easily the ear overlooks the tone of voice reading a specific part. If you look around our catalog and works in progress, you'll find women reading Jack London and men reading fairy tales and and children's stories. Definitely don't restrict yourself based on gender or tone of voice!

I believe there is a group project of Alice in Wonderland that is almost complete but there's nothing wrong with having two versions in the catalog! Welcome and good luck!
Annie Coleman Rothenberg
http://www.anniecoleman.com/

"I hear the sound I love, the sound of the human voice." ~Whitman
wiredgirl

Post by wiredgirl »

Oh! I had no idea. I looked at the forum and missed it. Is the forum the only place I can see works in progress?

Thank you,

Katherine
wiredgirl

Post by wiredgirl »

wiredgirl wrote:Oh! I had no idea. I looked at the forum and missed it. Is the forum the only place I can see works in progress?

Thank you,

Katherine
I may be insane, but I'm not stupid.
thistlechick

Post by thistlechick »

Hi wiredgirl,

You can see the list of completed books, and works in progress listed on the Librivox Catalog page here: http://librivox.org/librivox-catalogue/ (it should be all up-to-date now too =)

You might also be interested in reading a chapter for a collaboration book listed in the "Readers Wanted" section *cough*AnneofGreenGables*cough*

hehe... glad you're here =)
~ Betsie
Multiple projects lead to multiple successes!