[FIXED] Noise Artifacts in Tenant of Wildfell Hall

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

Dear Librivox,

I am sorry to bother you with this complaint. I have been listening to "The Tenant of Wildfell Hall." There are several chapters that have a very audible BEEP BEEP BEEP going on in the background of the recording throughout the whole chapter. Sometimes it is quiet enough to almost (but not quite) ignore, but after chapter 25 I had to give up. 26 is equally bad. It is headache material! I am sorry to complain. I love your service!! I don't remember which of the earlier chapters were beeping because I thought I could just ignore it, or I'd tell you those, too. The voice recording is wonderful; it's just this background beep. I tried listening to a different version of the chapter (e.g., the 7.7mg version versus the 3.3mg) but they were the same.
I listened and indeed there is some persistent squealing, sounds like the results of enthusiastic noisecleaning to me....

Not sure if there is anything to be done ....
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

Hmm... it appears to be just one reader, sections 17, 18, 26, 27. I don't think it is noise-cleaning. It doesn't happen in the intro, just the actual chapters. It's also in the end silence, and I was able to remove it, using free Wavepad.

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/rg/tenantofwildfellhall_17_annebronte.mp3

The reader was still around in March, so worth a PM to see if she would like to have a go herself, or alternatively if she would be happy for me to do it for her?

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

The reader is happy for me to noise-clean the files, so I will go ahead and get this done asap.

Ruth
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

I have now uploaded the beepless recordings of those sections, and the project has re-derived and is ready for listening. :)

Ruth