pdsounds.org is back online for another while

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

Cori wrote:Though how I can record anything better than my most popular offering to date (The Making Of Tea) is currently unknown ...
The Buttering of Crumpets?

Thanks for your work, Stephan, and for the support, Mike! Yeah, you need to go find Tea, it's a classic. :lol:
Laurie Anne
mkoenig

Post by mkoenig »

chocoholic...

Im from NC as well.

Im headed to the Outer Banks good ol OBX to vacation or "holiday" as our European friends would say.

Plan on getting some good sounds out there to. Bought a new Rycote WindJammer for my Zoom 4 just for the occasion.

Im craving tea for some reason now. :)
Free sounds at SoundBible.com thousands of sounds in various license types. Sound Clips available @ SoundCli.ps
Cori

Post by Cori »

There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
mkoenig

Post by mkoenig »

I just listened and commented. Awesome sound.

Sounds like an audio clip from a coffee commercial or for a hot chocolate commercial in between a Christmas special on tv

Awesome sound man.
Free sounds at SoundBible.com thousands of sounds in various license types. Sound Clips available @ SoundCli.ps
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

Cool, Mike! (This is SO off-topic) We just got back from the beach (Folly). I haven't been to the OBX yet after umpteen years in NC -- it's a lot faster to drive to Charleston. :lol: But I want to try hang-gliding at Kitty Hawk someday if I still have some nerves when I finally get there. (As long as I'm not too far up in the air and have lots of soft sand underneath.)
Laurie Anne
mkoenig

Post by mkoenig »

OH we love the outer banks. Its so relaxing. Yeah off topic. Sorry :)

My wife wants to try para sailing, me and the kids will watch from the ground :)

Myrtle or Charleston are closer for us as well. 4.5hrs vs. 7 but we love the atmosphere down there so much more.
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

Mike I have the Zoom h2 and totally love the portability of it without the price of the H4!!

I did a little project to compare portable recorders here:

http://librivox.org/recordings-on-mp3-players-and-other-portable-devices/

Esther :D
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable
people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress,
therefore, depends on unreasonable people." George Bernard Shaw
mkoenig

Post by mkoenig »

I've got to check that out when i have time to sit and listen.

Thats an awesome project.

Does it outline some of the even more expensive equipment? Like the pro shotgun mics are not so portable?
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

There is a link to another site on that page:

http://www.wingfieldaudio.com/portable-recorder-blog.html

Esther :D
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable
people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress,
therefore, depends on unreasonable people." George Bernard Shaw
mkoenig

Post by mkoenig »

Took the Ferry to Ocracoke Island today got some crazy ferry sounds :)