Hello^^ and first test

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

Hi everyone,
I'm a student from Germany and as I've been listening for some time now to all those nice readings here (good job everyone^^) and since I'm having a bit of time at hand I thought I'd give it a try. Especially since I like reading aloud and do it anyway for my sister out of fun :-)

Oh and here is my test recording, is that okay so or is there something I can improve?
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/tests/test_jessi.mp3

Hm, oh and I'm not sure, I would like to read in English also but I'm not sure, if my English is good enough and understandable and so on, so if someone could give me some feedback about this I would really appreciate it (negative feedback is okay too, of course).

Jessi
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hello Jessi,
welcome to Librivox. I hope yu will enjoy here. Your test recording is perfect. Your english is very understandable.
Stav.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
Cori

Post by Cori »

Agreeing with Stav completely, Jessi! Your recording is loud enough, clear enough, completely the right MP3 format, and you've a pleasant voice which I had no problem understanding whatever.

If you want to record in English, I'd definitely say go for it. If you did want to contribute in other languages, too, that would be very welcome. Languages other than English currently make up just over 14% of the catalogue and that percentage is slowly growing, which I think is very neat. I'm mostly monolingual myself, but I do love how many other languages we offer, especially where it's as the author wrote and not translated.

Either way, looking forward to hearing more of you ... and please do ask if you've any other questions. :D Have fun here!
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

Thanks for the feedback and the welcome, both of you :-)

Hm, then I think I will try English but I will definitely record something in German too. I really like the non-English recordings which are on LibriVox, especially the French ones because they help me improving my comprehension of that language (and it really needs improving XD)
aravis

Post by aravis »

Jessi wrote:Thanks for the feedback and the welcome, both of you :-)

Hm, then I think I will try English but I will definitely record something in German too. I really like the non-English recordings which are on LibriVox, especially the French ones because they help me improving my comprehension of that language (and it really needs improving XD)
Hi!

That's exactly what I'm doing... even if it sometimes feels as if I'm "slaughtering" the English texts. ;)

Elli :)

P.S.: I'm from Austria!
Elli

"Tiefer und tiefer zogen die Buchstaben ihn hinab, wie ein Strudel aus Tinte...dorthin wo auch Staubfinger verschwunden war. An den Ort, an dem alle Geschichten enden." (Cornelia Funke)