COMPLETE - De Vandrande Djäknarne -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Rowland

Post by Rowland »

DE VANDRANDE DJÄKNARNE, BONDHISTORIA AV »AGRICOLA» (VIKTOR RYDBERG) . Reading by Lars Rolander

Here I go again. embarking on a new Soloproject in Swedish. The project is a short Novel, and an early work, by one of Sweden's most famous Authors in the 19th Century.

Illiterati has promised to be PL for this project, and she will do the PL, time permitting, and I have said that there is no need to be in a hurry here. So what is needed is a MC.
Lars

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page here:

http://librivox.org/de-vandrende-djaeknarne-by-victor-rydberg/

Viktor Rydberg (1828-1895) was one of Sweden's most important authors in the 19th century, between Almqvist and Strindberg. The novel De vandrande djäknarne constitutes the former half of volume III of fourteen in Skrifter av Viktor Rydberg ("collected works"), which appeared in the decades following the author's death.
The Novel was first published in serial form in a daily Newspaper in Sweden under the pseudonym “Agricola”, and tells about how two Students, during a Summer, wandering in the country, and about their Pranks and their meetings with people, and how this Summer changes their lives. (Summary by Runeberg.org and Lars Rolander)
[*]Target completion date: June 30 2009
[*]Text source (only read from this text!): http://runeberg.org/download.pl?mode=work&work=djaknar or http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/9827
[*]Type of proof-listening required:: Standard Proof-listening
-- Do the intro and disclaimer match the instructions in the first post of the project thread?
-- Are there any long silences or pauses that ought to be edited out? If so, note the time.
-- Are there any stumbles or repeats that ought to be edited out? If so, note the words and the time.
-- Is there excessive background noise, a constant hiss or buzz that detracts from the reading?
-- Did you need to turn your volume up unusually high to listen to the recording? (Or did you find the recording too loud?)
-- Are the correct closing words used at the end of the recording, as per the first post of the project thread?
-- Are there 5 seconds of silence (10 if the recording is more than 30 minutes long) at the end of the file?

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project will be opened up to a group project as soon as a Book Coordinator can be found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to have it re-instated).

MAGIC WINDOW

(BC admin link)

[*]The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
Start of recording (Intro)
  • " DE VANDRANDE DJÄKNARNE, BONDHISTORIA AV »AGRICOLA» (VIKTOR RYDBERG)]. - Detta är en LibriVox inspelning. Alla LibriVox inspelningar är fria, i public domain. För mer information, eller för att bidra, gå in på: librivox PUNKT org"
  • If you wish, say:
    "Inläsning av Lars Rolander"
  • Say:
    " . [e.g. Kapitel 1, Djäkneupptåg]"

End of recording
  • At the end of the section, say:
    Slut på [e.g. kaiptel 1, Djäkneupptåg ]"
  • If you wish, say:
    "Inläst av [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
  • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
    "Slut på De vandrande djäknarne, bondehistoria av »Agricola» (Viktor Rydberg)."

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.

[*]Example filename
djaeknarne_01_rydberg.mp3

[*]Example ID3 V2 tags
Title: 01 - [Djäkneupptåg]
Artist: Viktor Rydberg
Album: De vandrande djäknarne
[*]Instructions for soloist: transfer of files (completed recordings)
Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file.
Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
  • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader (when your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread):
    http://upload.librivox.org
    (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    You'll need to select an MC, which for this project is: jo - knotyouraveragejo
  • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
Good friends are like angels... ...you don't have to see them to know they are there
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Hi Lars.

I'll MC this for you. I see that you have said that the summary is taken partly from Runeberg.org. Can you confirm that this is public domain? (I don't read Swedish so I can't check this myself.)

Also for the ID3 tags it is better if you don't use accented characters. These get either deleted turned into a string of nonsense characters when the files are upload to archive.org.

Jo
Jo
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

I've added the magic window. What genre would you suggest for this book? Adventure? Young adult?

Please adjust the wording of your intro to conform with the standard wording we use in English. Something like this:

Start of recording (Intro)
Say:
"Kapitel 1 av DE VANDRANDE DJÄKNARNE - Detta är en LibriVox inspelning. Alla LibriVox inspelningar är fria, i public domain. För mer information, eller för att bidra, gå in på: librivox PUNKT org"
* If you wish, say:
* Say:
" DE VANDRANDE DJÄKNARNE, BONDHISTORIA AV »AGRICOLA» (VIKTOR RYDBERG), Kapitel 1, Djäkneupptåg"
For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer as illustrated below for chapter 2:
Say:
"Kapitel 2 av DE VANDRANDE DJÄKNARNE. Denna inspelning är i public domain.
If you wish, say:
[*] Say:
"DE VANDRANDE DJÄKNARNE, BONDHISTORIA AV »AGRICOLA» (VIKTOR RYDBERG), Kapitel 2, Masugnen"

Please correct my attempt at translating and add the updated version to the first post. You can find the original in English in the current solo template: http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/ProjectTemplatesForSoloists
Jo
Rowland

Post by Rowland »

Thank you so much. I will use the first intro quote, and it confirms - in Swedish - to the English. I used the same wording in the Lagerloef books.
If it is easier i can change the Swedish ä to ae and ö to oe and å to just a.

I'll fill the MW wit the rest of the Chapters later

Lars :)
Good friends are like angels... ...you don't have to see them to know they are there
Rowland

Post by Rowland »

Back again.
I forgot. The Runeberg Project is a Swedish project akin to the Gutenberg Project. It was started at the University of Linkoeping several years ago with the ambition to digitize Swedish and Scandinavian PD books.
Their Homepage can also be read in an English version explaining their ambitions.
So Viktor Rydberg who died in 1895 is very much in the PD.

What genre? Difficult to say. Sort of folkloristic with a bit of drama, young and audult could be right.

Lars
Rowland

Post by Rowland »

And so, the first chapters is uploaded.

Första kapitlet är då på plats i MW. Så nu är preojektet påbörjat på allvar.

Lars
Rowland

Post by Rowland »

And so, Chapter 2 is in place in the MW.

Ja, kapitel 2 är på plats. Ytterligare ett litet steg.

Lars
Rowland

Post by Rowland »

Chapter 3 uploaded.

Kapitel 3 är nu på plats.

Lars
Rowland

Post by Rowland »

And now - chapter 4.

Kapitel 4 är nu också på plats.

Vårligen
Lars
Rowland

Post by Rowland »

Now I'm halfway through, with chapters 5 and 6 uploaded.

Ja, eftersom både kapitel 5 och 6 var färdiga har jag lagt upp dem nu. Mycket nöje (när tid finnes).

knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Rowland wrote:Now I'm halfway through, with chapters 5 and 6 uploaded.

Congratulations!
Jo
Rowland

Post by Rowland »

And now - here is chapter 07, the longest one in the book, I think.

Dags för kapitel 07. Troligen det längsta i boken, om jag minns rätt.

Illiterati

Post by Illiterati »

Hej Lars igen!

PL 1 & 2 perfekt. Den här boken har något liknande men Goda soldaten Svejk av Jaroslav Hašek, tycker jag.

Jag har aldrig läst nånting av Viktor Rydberg och tycker att det är bra för mig att lära känna nya författare.

I
[url=http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=314255]Leisure Class[/url] by Thorstein Veblen + [url=http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/Illiterati01#preview]wiki![/url]
Rowland

Post by Rowland »

Hej!

Roligt att se att du är igång igen.
Ja, kanske finns det vissa små likheter med Hâsek. Den här lilla historien har onekligen både roliga och allvarliga sidor.
Det här är kanske en av Viktor Rydbergs minst kända, och bland hans allra tidigaste böcker. Men den är, även om det märks lite i språket här och där, förvånansvärt frisk och spänstig, Jag hade själv inte läst den tidigare. Så det var roligt att upptäcka den.
Det jag mest minns av Viktor Rydberg annars är hans stora versepos "Singoalla", som kom i ny upplaga för bara något decennium sedan.

Lars
Rowland

Post by Rowland »

One step further with ch. 08.

Ja, då vandrar jag vidare en bit då. Kapitel 08 är på plats, och det är inget direkt glatt kapitel kan man nog säga.
Kanske skall du (eller skall jag göra det?) markera i MW att du tycker kapitel 1 o 2 är OK, så at Jo ser det också.

Lars