Problem Logging In

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
lomond

Post by lomond »

Greetings -

Having a bit of frustration here.

All of a sudden, when I try to log in to LV on one computer using Firefox, it will accept my user name and password, but won't recognize me as logged in. Using the same user name and password on a different computer using Firefox, I have no problems logging in.

Any suggestions?

Lomond
lomond

Post by lomond »

lomond wrote:Greetings -

Having a bit of frustration here.

All of a sudden, when I try to log in to LV on one computer using Firefox, it will accept my user name and password, but won't recognize me as logged in. Using the same user name and password on a different computer using Firefox, I have no problems logging in.

Any suggestions?

Lomond
Greetings -

Down at the bottom of the index page, it lists me as registered user but I can't post or reply or... on that one computer.

??????

Lomond
Cori

Post by Cori »

I've had this too, although in a different forum entirely (still using phpBB.) It was something to do with how Firefox was saving the password and I'm afraid I don't know how I fixed it in the end (apart from lots of persistant resetting and typing everything super-carefully for a couple of weeks.)

You could try going into Tools -> Options -> Privacy and getting rid of all the LibriVox cookies found. And also Options -> Security and delete any LV password that's in there. If those don't work, you may have to clear all private data and the cache (Options -> Security -> Advanced -> Network.)
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

No solution, but...

I have the exact same problem, on my wife's laptop (with Firefox), but I can login with her MS Explorer.
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!
lomond

Post by lomond »

Cori wrote:I've had this too, although in a different forum entirely (still using phpBB.) It was something to do with how Firefox was saving the password and I'm afraid I don't know how I fixed it in the end (apart from lots of persistant resetting and typing everything super-carefully for a couple of weeks.)

You could try going into Tools -> Options -> Privacy and getting rid of all the LibriVox cookies found. And also Options -> Security and delete any LV password that's in there. If those don't work, you may have to clear all private data and the cache (Options -> Security -> Advanced -> Network.)
Greetings -

I did as you suggested, Cori, and, bingo, it worked. Thanks for the tips.

Lomond
BellonaTimes

Post by BellonaTimes »

Firefox has an app that allows you to look at certain pages in IE format.
They call me Threadkiller.
My Catalog Page