PD status cleared... and now? [ANSWERED]

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Hello all

As I mentioned in a post here some weeks ago, my daughter and I have been recording a book for LV, while at the same time we tried to get the PD clearance of the work. Finally today I got the OK message from Project Gutenberg attesting that the work is considered PD in the US.

So... and now? :| I mean, for Librivox purposes, what should I do? Should I send the clearance key I got in the email to someone? Should I post it somewhere? This is what's on the email:

Title: Poesias Infantis
Author1: Olavo Bilac
Clearance OK key=20090419171533bilac

Any help is appreciated. :D
Last edited by Leni on April 26th, 2009, 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leni
=================
Jc

Post by Jc »

I guess you can hang on to that info for now. Since the book is PD, you can just go ahead and start the project in the launchpad, and put a note in the post that it's been cleared by PG.

I don't think there's any official notification method for that.
Put yourself in the Readers' Accents Table. See this post.
(Busy real life & traveling, sorry if not here often.)
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

It would be great to get the book submitted to PG so that an online text is available in future... there are people here who can help with submission (I've never done it myself).
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Thanks for the replies. I added the info in the thread.

I will have to scan the rest of the book, I suppose, to submit it. I'll do it, just not right now. :shock:

Thanks again. :D
Leni
=================