[COMPLETE] Unbeaten Tracks in Japan by I. L. Bird - ava

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
PersiaRose

Post by PersiaRose »

Hello I'm thinking of DPL'ing this book if you'd like :D
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Kristen has had to pull out of this, so I'll be doing it solo once again. Will get another chapter done shortly.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

PersiaRose wrote:Hello I'm thinking of DPL'ing this book if you'd like :D
Sorry, didn't see this before - that would be great, thank you!
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
PersiaRose

Post by PersiaRose »

Hello :D
alright, the Preface was fine.
Letter one: there are possible repeats around 2:55 and 6:30.

This sounds like an interesting book!

Also are you from Germany? I was in Germany about 2 years ago for awhile :)
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

PersiaRose wrote:Hello :D
alright, the Preface was fine.
Letter one: there are possible repeats around 2:55 and 6:30.

This sounds like an interesting book!

Also are you from Germany? I was in Germany about 2 years ago for awhile :)
Sorry, could you be more specific? Exact times/the text of the repeats would really be helpful, so I don't have to listen to the whole thing myself again...

Yes, originally from Germany. :)
PersiaRose

Post by PersiaRose »

Edit sorry this is for Letter 1

Time 2:55 "..and shortly...and shortly as a vision"
and 6:30 "tied round...tied round the forehead"
:)
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

PersiaRose wrote:Edit sorry this is for Letter 1

Time 2:55 "..and shortly...and shortly as a vision"
and 6:30 "tied round...tied round the forehead"
:)
Thank you! My sloppy editing. Will check soon.
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Why is it that every time I intend to work on this project I get really busy?

I have a holiday coming up mid July and will have little or no internet - perfect opportunity to do lots of recording. Will hopefully post chapters when I get back in early August.

Sorry about the hold-up...
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hi Gesine,
what are you planning to do with this project?
Stav.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

miss stav wrote:Hi Gesine,
what are you planning to do with this project?
Stav.
As you can see from the first post, target completion date is Dec 2010. Why do you ask, is something bothering you about it?
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Oh dear, I am so sorry. I didn't read the deadline. I am so sorry. No, nothing bothers me at all. Sorry for bothering you.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
HappyQuails

Post by HappyQuails »

Mention was made of letter 4 having been completed, but I found a dead link to the place where I expected it to be found through a link ion that post. Have you collected this yet for Librivox? I would enjoy having access despite it's possibly being incomplete. Two letters are listed as submitted of the four that I know of after having read this thread and heard Letter 3.
I really appreciate the effort that has been made on this project to date and the ambitious willingness to take it on. Given its lengthy size and popularity among our ever increasing I.L.Bird buffs, it might be helpful to solicit for helpers since it seems to warrant the added support, especially considering how there would be ample work available even with helpers. And there are a number of other works of hers as well as footnotes added in subsequent versions of books that have already been completed which could make for a more realistic sole party project for anyone who might like one of smaller size and shorter completion time potential. But in any case, thank you and I am always taken with the quality with which the work here is so consistently done. :thumbs:
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Yes, I'm really going to have to re-think this one - maybe I'll turn it into a collab. I've given myself until the end of the year - if I haven't made at least some progress by then, I'll make changes. I'll look into the links soon, too.
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Gesine has let me take over this project as my solo some time beginning this year. Nothing happened as yet, but now...

here I am, much later than I anticipated, but I now have a brand new microphone and a VERY quiet room to record... :wink:

Preface is up, a DPLer would be greatly appreciated!
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
lvictoria

Post by lvictoria »

Oh, I love Isabella Bird and I'm so pleased to see this project going forward. May I PL for you, Ava?
Laura