[SOLVED]Noise Cleaning = Funky Voice

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
LaraC

Post by LaraC »

Do you all still hear an intrusive hum in the new recording?
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

No , not when the file isn't amplified - I think once the volume of your speech is up a bit there wont be a noise problem . The USB mics are said to be better as they don't use the computers sound card , at they are a lot cheaper there than here :evil:
Does your mac have a built in mic? If so what sort of waves do you get with it (need to unplug mic you are using I guess)
Sorry its been such a long process - you've a nice reading voice and style.

Anne
LaraC

Post by LaraC »

Thanks. It wouldn't be a long process if I hadn't been a cheapskate in the first place and just bought a decent mic. I have been trying to salvage the recordings so 1) I won't have to do them again and 2) I won't have to buy a new mic. Oh well. I'll buy a new mic today and hopefully post a new sample tonight!! I appreciate everyone's help on this. I didn't expect this kind of a response when I posted it!
LaraC

Post by LaraC »

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/km/LogitechMicrophoneTest.mp3

This better? Its obviously not from the text, but I just wanted to test the hum (or the hopeful lack thereof).

Fingers crossed!!!
hhanover

Post by hhanover »

Lara, I just stumbled on this thread. Your last recording sounds marvelous to me. I have major hum problems which I have addressed without success in all the ways suggested so far. I have to resort to noise removal, which also changes the voice in a not so good way.

I am far from being an audiophile, but your recording is perfect. From here, anyway.

Hollis
icyjumbo

Post by icyjumbo »

As Hollis said, the sound quality is great. No hum, no noise. It's great!