COMPLETED: [MYSTERY] Armadale, by Wilkie Collins - kb

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

I divided book 5 chapter 3 diffrently. Please update the magic window accordingly. The first part will stay as it was, because it's clear when it should end.
Part 2
begins with
“I might introduce you to all sorts of other contrivances..."
Ends with
"the movement of her limbs."
4867 words.
Part 3
begins with
"do you wish to speak to me"?
ends with
"he had now told—the fatal lie which he reiterated when she put her question for the second time".
4409 words.
part 4
begins with
"She looked at him, deceived by the last man on earth whom she would have suspected of deception—the man whom she had deceived herself".
3136 words.
Stav.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
earthcalling

Post by earthcalling »

Here is section 5, which concludes the Epilogue:-

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/kb/armadale_05_collins.mp3

David
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hi David,
thank you very much for section 5. Can you tell me it's duration? I hope you enjoyed reading for Armadale. Would you like to read more sections from this book?
Stav.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
earthcalling

Post by earthcalling »

Hi Stav - Duration 26:19. I've sneakily made the entries in the magic window.

I may take some more sections later, if they're still available, but I need to clear my commitments to other projects first.

David
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Wow! thank you, David. You know? I like the idea that you split the chapter according to it's contant, and not nececeraly according to the way I suggested. That is a great idea.
Stav.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Can someone enter chapter 24 to the magic window? Please make sure that you enter the second draft, it's louder. I hope the second draft of chapter 23 is there too. Can't listen just now.
Stav.
earthcalling

Post by earthcalling »

Stav - I've entered 24 in the magic window. 23 should be the louder version, as it was uploaded with the same filename.

David
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thank yu, David.
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Stav - I've got Section 52 done, but I am using Audacity and am having trouble downloading Lame to convert my recording over to a MP3. I'll keep trying and post it as soon as I can. MaryAnn

BTW - I moved the cutoff between 52 and 53 down two paragraphs - that seemed more appropriate as it then cut at the end of a diary entry.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hi Mary Anne,
it's good to hear from you. I am happy that you wrote to us about your problem, I am sure someone here knows how to help you. I am happy that you found a better way to split the chapter, just write to me whehre it starts and where it ends. We will update the magic window accordingly. Thank you.
Stav.
neckertb

Post by neckertb »

Hi miss stav

Section 25 is in the box:
duration 28:42
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/kb/armadale_25_collins.mp3

Nadine
earthcalling

Post by earthcalling »

Stav, I've made both changes in the magic window - Nadine's chapter 25, and MaryAnn's new split of 52/53. (Didn't change the word counts, just the end and beginning lines).

David
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Nadine, thank you very much for section 25.   
David, thank you very much for updating the window for me.
Stav.
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Hey Stav. I got Lame this morning and got the conversion done. I still want to do a final listen before I post.

But here's a silly question - I have a typo in the ID3 tag. :roll: Is there a way I can correct that? Or is it easier just to reconvert the file and watch my spelling the next time?
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hi Mary Anne,
may be this link can help you.
http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/WhatIsID3)
Stav.