COMPLETE: History of the Pelop. War, by Thucydides - NF/ge

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Thanks, Hugh, and again thanks, Dragoness.

I have updated the first post (with all the info we put these days, in case we have newbies wandering in later to claim chapters), and set a target completion date of 30 June 2006. Once Hugh gives me his findings and files, I shall update the first post again (and post here to say I've done so) and will then be posting orphans in Readers Wanted if we have any unclaimed chapters. Of the claimed chapters, I will post progress updates in the readers' list as we go along.

Any questions, please post here or PM me.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
alexfoster

Post by alexfoster »

Dragoness wrote: 2. AlexF said "I have a huge chunk of this sitting on a harddrive waiting for me to finish it. I can't guarantee it'll be any time soon, but I don't want to waste the work I've already done."

I know, it sucks to waste work. Alex, have you started bits of all these chapters, or could you just keep the ones you've already worked on and orphan the other one or two?
Hi,

My huge chunk was of the first of my three chapters, but it seems have been junked by a hard drive crash, and I would have to start again. It's always bottom of my list whenever I have spare Librivox time, so if there is someone champing at the bit to record, six-year-old voice or no, they are more than welcome to my chapters.

Alex
[url]http://www.alexfoster.me.uk[/url]
Work in progress: [url=http://www.alexfoster.me.uk/podcasting]here[/url]
ianish

Post by ianish »

Thanks Dragoness for rallying the troops. Thought I had put up Chap 26 as an orphan a while back but as its still out there, and life in general seems to be coalescing into some kind of recognizable shape of late, I shall take the orphan back into my embrace. Nothing so annoying as work half done.
So, will do Chap 26 of Peloponnesian War. March on, the foot soldiers of Thucydides. ianish
Speaking the words of others to find another voice
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Wonderful. Thanks for the feedback. So ianish keeps 26, and Alex's I will put up as orphans.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
VictoriaVipere

Post by VictoriaVipere »

If you need a reader, I would be willing, but I am not incredibly great at all the Greek Names. I think I can get most of them, but do I lose points if I mispronounce some? :)

Victoria
If all the world is a stage, I am still waiting in the wings.
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Great, Victoria - I'll put you down for Book 7, chapter 21. No problem to mispronounce a few names! :)
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

I wrote to LectorLance; he's responded straight away and unfortunately has had to give up his chapters. So 13 and 14 are also orphaned and I've updated the orphan post in Readers Wanted. Six chapters orphaned so far, from what I can make out...
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Dragoness, section 09 has been done by Chris; I have the file now. I've put you down for the orphaned section 10 instead, hope that's okay? Please let me know.

Update, everyone: The readers' list in the first post is now sorted, apart from section 12, which still has a question mark. Five sections are still orphaned; the other sections have confirmed readers. Thanks everyone for your help and patience.
cberrius

Post by cberrius »

I am very pleased to see some activity here, and a deadline.

Chapter 12 is being worked on by YouSendIt as I write.

Please sign me up for chapters 11, 13, and 14 (and I may be able to pick up the other stragglers as well, we'll see how it goes).

C. Berrius
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Oh this is fab! cberrius, thanks so much for re-sending the files and for taking so many orphans! - I'd like to keep track of completion dates - C., any idea when you might be able to get these three done?
cberrius

Post by cberrius »

I can definitely commit to one chapter per week, starting now. All going well you should have chapter 11 by tomorrow (5/14), with 13 and 14 following by the end of May.

C. Berrius (but you can call me "Berry")
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Thanks, Berry - that's wonderful.
Deborah177

Post by Deborah177 »

Hi Gesine,

I will take Chapters 22 and 23.

I googled most of the names...the pronunciation should be ok and I loved ancient Greek history!...lol

Deborah
Plant your own garden, Decorate your own soul!
www.mywritemind.com
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Oh that's great, Deborah - now we're fully subscribed once more! Any idea by when you could have them done?
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

yay for thucydides!