COMPLETE[CHILDREN] Sea Fairies by L. Frank Baum -ry

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jbieber

Post by jbieber »

This project is complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page:
http://librivox.org/the-sea-fairies-by-l-frank-baum/

The Sea Fairies
L. Frank Baum
CL/ry (I've been working with Rainer for the last two years; he has agreed to MC this project as well)

Click here to be notified by email when this book is complete!

In 1910, Baum hoped to end the Oz series and follow with a new series about a little girl named Trot and her sailor companion, Cap'n Bill. The Sea Fairies (1911) was the first book in the projected series and took Trot and Cap'n Bill under the sea where they had adventures with mermaids and other fantastic creatures. It was followed by Sky Island (1912) and then Baum returned to the Oz titles. He brought Trot and Cap'n Bill to Oz in the Scarecrow of Oz (1915). (Summary by Judy Bieber)

Target completion date: November 1, 2008
Text source: http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/4358
Type of proof-listening required: standard listening.

(BC admin)

Example filename: seafairies_##_baum.mp3
"To please a child is a sweet and lovely thing that warms one's heart and brings its own reward." L. Frank Baum
raynr

Post by raynr »

Hmm, I just cannot remember the sea fairies, but I'm sure that I promised to be your MC for any project you choose. :D
It's great that you started your next project. I'm sorry that I didn't spot your post before, but I will create a database entry immediately.

Greetings,
Rainer
"Everything in the world exists in order to end in a book." (Stéphane Mallarmé)
jbieber

Post by jbieber »

No problem, I sent you a PM about this some months ago. I am getting my braces off next week and will start recording then. It will be much easier without all that metal to talk around! :D
"To please a child is a sweet and lovely thing that warms one's heart and brings its own reward." L. Frank Baum
rlryder

Post by rlryder »

Just looking at the dates of the posts, and I would be interested if it needed to be reassigned.

Thank you.
-RL
jbieber

Post by jbieber »

Nope, I've been working on it. I tend to record all chapters first and then edit them. Obviously, I missed Nov. 1 but it's coming along. Thanks for inquiring.
raynr

Post by raynr »

Hello Judy, I'm glad to hear from you. And I'm delighted that you are still working on the project. :D
By the way: do you still plan to record "Frontier in American history"?
http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3225
If you don't want to record this project any more, just tell me and I will delete the "Going Solo" entry.

Many greetings,
Rainer

And hello rlryder,
welcome to LibriVox. :D If especially like this book, you can record it, too. Multiple versions are always welcome.
However, I recommend that you start with a chapter in a collaborative project or a short story in the "Short stoy collection" before taking on a solo project. This will help you to estimate the time needed for recording and allows us to overcome any techincal problems that might occur.
jbieber

Post by jbieber »

Hi Rainer,

Chapter 1 of Sea Fairies is now on your server. It doesn't yet have a project folder but you should be able to find it soon enough.

I got an email from a very kind listener and Oz enthusiast who thanked me for my recordings. So I am now determined to get this done and cataloged by Christmas to send a little present out into the world.

If I stay on schedule, you should get a chapter a day or so, ideally having all in hand by December 15 or so.

And yes, I will finish Frontier. I am assigning this text in a class and as I will have to read it, I might as well read it out loud and finish the recording.

Judy
raynr

Post by raynr »

That are great news, Judy! :D
And don't worry, I found your file :wink:. I also created a project folder for you and put the file in there. You can see the "listen" link in the "magic window" in the first post.
By the way: perhaps you noticed that the server is not so crowded anymore as it used to be: we now have a central LibriVox server, too. And you are welcome to use it. You can find it here:

http://upload.librivox.org
(If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: ry - raynr

But I think the easiest way for you is to continue using the librivox.prolegomena server.

Greetings and thanks so much,

Rainer :D
jbieber

Post by jbieber »

Hi Rainer,

There are now 10 completed chapters on your server. I have finished recording all chapters (and two of them had to be recorded three times - technical difficulties, don't ask!) So I have twelve left to edit and plan to get them to you quickly. So that's the status report!

Happy Holidays!
raynr

Post by raynr »

Wonderful! An early Christmas present.
Thank you, Judy.

Happy holidays to you, too! :D

Rainer
jbieber

Post by jbieber »

Hi Rainer,

I hoped to be done by Christmas, but not quite. But I have only three chapters remaining to edit so I should be done in the next few days. Then I will get to work on editing Frontier.

Fröhliche Weihnachten!
raynr

Post by raynr »

Thank you, Judy. :D Merry Christmas to you, too!
And it's no need to hurry, rather enjoy the holidays.

Greetings,
Rainer
jbieber

Post by jbieber »

I'm done! :9:

p.s. There are only 22 chapters, not 23.
raynr

Post by raynr »

Congratulations! :D
I'll start prooflistening.
raynr

Post by raynr »

Sections 1-10 perfect! :D