take me to your leader...

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
andy g

Post by andy g »

Hi! I think this is such a brilliant idea, I am speechless. I am also quite impressed with the contact I've had with you so far.

I left an idea for new books to record. As well as Public Domain, some recent novels have been published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs liscence, which mean one should be able to record and distribute it, as long as you don't change it or charge for it. And it would probably be nice to contact the author too.

Given the fact that I am (to this site) a n00b, I was surprised to receive encouragement rather than knock-backs.

Now, I just need to get a good low sensitivity, high gain, cardiod mic, and download Audacity.

Thanks for setting this program up and helping to free information.

andy g
kayray

Post by kayray »

andy g wrote: Given the fact that I am (to this site) a n00b, I was surprised to receive encouragement rather than knock-backs.
Welcome, Andy! Yeah, this is the friendliest place on the web. See, we LIKE n00bs, we want them to feel welcome and have fun and read for us again and again :)
andy g wrote: Now, I just need to get a good low sensitivity, high gain, cardiod mic, and download Audacity.

Thanks for setting this program up and helping to free information.

andy g
Well, I use a $30 USB mic and it works great (judge by my more recent recordings, the ones without the background squeak, that was my fault). So you don't really have to go for fancy equipment if you don't want to...

But whatever your setup, when you're ready, just claim a chapter of something and jump in!

Kara
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Hey Andy

Once you have your mic, all you'll have to do is overcome your speechlessness... ;)

ge
andy g

Post by andy g »

heh heh heh (sigh) . Humour eh? ;)