Hello everyone!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Izze

Post by Izze »

I stumbled across this link by chance, and find the entire idea quite intriguing.

Whil I've never actually seriously recorded my voice for anything before (answering machines aside), as soon as I get a decent mic, I hope to start recording. Maybe even a whole book, I have more than a few in my collection that are old enough. 8)

P.S. Can anyone suggest any good, cheap mics? I am at a total loss for trying to find one on my own. :lol:
tis

Post by tis »

Welcome! I'm sure you can get some advice on decent cheap microphones - perhaps you can tell us if you are a PC or a Mac user (or whatever else!)?

In any case, don't worry too much about the equipment - dive in with whatever you can get your hands on. You'll be hooked before long :)
[img]http://goringe.net/images/chris.png[/img]
Izze

Post by Izze »

I use a WinXP laptop, unfortunatly. I so wanted a Mac, but OSX wasn't out at the time. :lol:
kayray

Post by kayray »

Welcome, Izze!

If you have a spare USB port, the macmice USB mic or the Logitech USB noise-cancelling desk mic should both work great for you. Cheap too!

OS X is _really_ nice, by the way -- maybe someday you'll upgrade ;-)

Kara
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
Izze

Post by Izze »

Thanks for the advice. I won't be recording anything until January probably, I want to make sure I know what I'm doing with my mic and the recording software first. :o

*le sigh* I think I'll upgrade to OSX once I'm done with being a poor college student. :lol: