[RESOLVED] Grimms’ Fairy Tales

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
Jack.S

Post by Jack.S »

# Name of Book
Grimms’ Fairy Tales - Hansel and Gretel - Read by Bill Stackpole

# Catalog page URL
http://librivox.org/fairy-tales-by-the-brothers-grimm/

# Chapter/Section Number
Chapter 19

# File format
64kbps mp3, 128 kbps mp3, ogg vorbis

# How you downloaded the file
individual download

# Nature of problem
Overlapping narration

# Time or times-location of problems
9:40
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Thanks for pointing this out Jack.

The two lines that are overlapped are the following
They did not awake until it was dark night, and Hansel comforted his little sister and said
This bit of text would need to be rerecorded and edited into the existing file. Unfortunately, this is an old project - cataloged in early 2006. This was the only recording ever submitted by this reader (forum name billatrit) and he has not posted to the forums since Feb 06. I suspect it may be difficult to track him down to rerecord the overlapping lines.

kayray was the MC for this project and drixman (who also hasn't been back since Jan 06) was BC.

Other options would be to have someone else try to match the voice and dub in the lines, have the story reread in its entirety and simply replace this recording or simply leave it as is.
Jo
Jack.S

Post by Jack.S »

Thanks for the information, Jo. Would Librivox be marking the project as 'Not Complete' and sourcing for a new reader for this chapter?

As far as I can find, there are no other versions of Hansel and Gretel on Librivox's catalog at the moment. :?
kristin

Post by kristin »

#62 of the Junior Classics Vol. 1 is actually Hansel and Gretel. I just checked it. It says Thumbling but it isn't. Id3 tags are messed up on it as is the catalogue page. Anyone want to fix?

http://librivox.org/the-junior-classics-vol-1-by-william-patten/

So we do have another version.

EDIT: I'm going to post the error in the other error thread for Junior Classics then maybe it can all be fixed at the same time.
[size=75]Whereas story is processed in the mind in a straightforward manner, poetry bypasses rational thought and goes straight to the limbic system and lights it up like a brushfire. It's the crack cocaine of the literary world. - Jasper Fforde[/size]
Jack.S

Post by Jack.S »

Awesome! Thanks kirstin.
Jc

Post by Jc »

Think this would do? Tried to make it as smooth as I could, hopefully once incorporated into the file, it won't show too much...
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/xx/grimm_fix.mp3
Put yourself in the Readers' Accents Table. See this post.
(Busy real life & traveling, sorry if not here often.)
Jc

Post by Jc »

Haven't heard from anyone, I'd like some feedback regarding the bit above. Would it be suitable? If so, I'll insert it in the recording.
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Just listened... sounds great, Jc. Thank you!
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
Jc

Post by Jc »

fixed, uploaded, derived, and catalog page modified.
Wyngarth

Post by Wyngarth »

I have downloaded the whole book .mp3 file but it won't unzip. Response is corrupt, or incomplete file.

Anyone else tried it? :)
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

I have just downloaded the zip, Wyngarth, and it unzips fine for me. I have also opened a random selection of the MP3 files within.

I'm afraid your download must have become corrupted en route, and you will have to try again. :)

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding