COMPLETE The Merchant of Venice, by William Shakespeare - kh

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
kristin

Post by kristin »

Got it. Thanks.
[size=75]Whereas story is processed in the mind in a straightforward manner, poetry bypasses rational thought and goes straight to the limbic system and lights it up like a brushfire. It's the crack cocaine of the literary world. - Jasper Fforde[/size]
kristin

Post by kristin »

Thanks Ua.
[size=75]Whereas story is processed in the mind in a straightforward manner, poetry bypasses rational thought and goes straight to the limbic system and lights it up like a brushfire. It's the crack cocaine of the literary world. - Jasper Fforde[/size]
lomond

Post by lomond »

Greetings -

There is a low, but noticeable, hum in the background of each of these recordings. Hopefully, it won't be that hard to strip out.

Otherwise...

Act 1 - PL OK

Act 2 - PL OK

Act 3 Scene 2 - Time: 2:01 Line 1429

A SONG, whilst Bassanio comments on the caskets...

Reading has "bay song" instead of "a song".

No other notes.

Lomond
lomond

Post by lomond »

Greetings -

When I try to download these files, I get:

merchantofvenice_aragon_act2_shakespeare.htm

Gremlins are attacking my reading glasses, I fear.

Lomond
kristin

Post by kristin »

How bizarre. I'll just go fix that. Give it a couple minutes.

EDIT: Ok, should be fixed. They didn't have .mp3 at the end. Probably a copy/paste error.
lomond

Post by lomond »

Greetings -

Thanks, Kristin. Works perfect now. Will try to PL them sometime today.

Be advised that I will be away from my home computer the last half of September. One of the associations that I work for is forcing me to spend eleven days in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, for their convention. :) Will make sure that everything is up to date before I leave.

Lomond
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!
kristin

Post by kristin »

Thanks, David.
kristin

Post by kristin »

lomond wrote:Greetings -

Thanks, Kristin. Works perfect now. Will try to PL them sometime today.

Be advised that I will be away from my home computer the last half of September. One of the associations that I work for is forcing me to spend eleven days in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, for their convention. :) Will make sure that everything is up to date before I leave.

Lomond
Thanks for letting us know.
lomond

Post by lomond »

Greetings -

The reading is OK but I noticed some background noise that might be distracting to some.

Lomond (who must now go to work in real life :( )
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

lomond wrote:Greetings -

The reading is OK but I noticed some background noise that might be distracting to some.

Lomond (who must now go to work in real life :( )
Oops, sorry about that, here is again :oops:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/kh/merchantofvenice_balthasar_act3_shakespeare.mp3
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!
asy

Post by asy »

Hi guys!

I'm SO sorry I went MIA...

I broke a rib, dislocated a hip and pinched my sciatic nerve... Have been unable to sit at the computer :(

I'm mostly better now, pulled a tendon in my shoulder today, but that'll be OK soon...

I'm really sorry everyone, but I'm back now...

asy.
To save money on electricity, we've turned off the light at the end of the tunnel...
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

That sounds AWFUL, asy! Take your time recuperating -- I hope everything heals up soon!
Laurie Anne
asy

Post by asy »

Thanks, Much appreciated...

The daft thing is they're ALL unrelated injuries!!!

The hip falls out every year or so due to a genetic condition I have, thankfully it doesn't fall right out of the joint, just sorta comes loose then clicks back. Darned uncomfortable, but means I can't put weight on the leg for a few days. I MUST get myself some crutches before next time, as this time I was forced to go into work using a broom as a crutch, my boss laughed and made jokes about my 'flying in on a broomstick', which really WAS funny. (My boss and I get on like a house on fire, there was NO malice intended).

The sciatic nerve is a result of falling off a horse about 30 years ago, but plays up every once in a while, just not usually in cahoots with my hip...

The rib... Well, that was just SILLY...

I gave myself a pretty reasonable intercostal strain helping my hubby lift our sawmill onto the back of the ute, Then, before it was healed, I helped my Son carry a flat-packed pantry up our front stairs, but he slipped and I lurched forward to catch the pantry before it fell and pushed me down the stairs... Needless to say a 'pop' was heard and ouching ensued. It's taken a while to be able to breathe deeply again as the injury was just beside the sternum. Annoying!

The shoulder is the same genetic condition as the hip, it'll be OK in a few days I guess, but it's a new one, I haven't put that shoulder out before, now that I have, I guess it'll fall in and out regularly, but it'll depend on how badly I've torn the ligament. I can feel it standing proud of the joint, but time will tell.

Anyway, I haven't felt like doing anything much, but am back now!!! :D

asy.
To save money on electricity, we've turned off the light at the end of the tunnel...