[RESOLVED] catalog page for "War and Peace"

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
rita1075

Post by rita1075 »

Dear raynr,
Greetings.
First of all, let me express my thanks and immense admiration to all readers and prooflisteners for undertaking this huge project. I would like to see all fifteen books of "War and Peace" be cataloged on Librivox.
However, I would like to point out some errors on the catalog pages for the fifth, sixth and seventh books of "War and Peace". The note on the catalog page for the book six
http://librivox.org/war-and-peace-book-06-by-leo-tolstoy/
is as follows:
"Note: The novel is split up in 15 books. This is the recording of book five, which covers events in the year 1808-1810. The recording of the next book is in progress. The recording of the next book can be found here. The recording of book five can be found here."
Uhhuh? Book five? But the cataloged book is the sixth book. This kind of typo appears on the catalog page for the seventh book, too.
http://librivox.org/war-and-peace-book-07-by-leo-tolstoy/
The note on the catalog page says:
"Note: The novel is split up in 15 books. This is the recording of book five, which covers events in the year 1810-1811. The recording of the next book is in progress. The project thread can be found here. The recording of book six can be found here."
This is not the recording of book "Five", but book "Seven". You should correct the note as follows:
"Note: The novel is split up in 15 books. This is the recording of book seven, which covers events in the year 1810-1811. The recording of the next book is in progress. The project thread can be found here. The recording of book six can be found here."
Ah, and one more thing. On the catalog page for the books five and six, the following sentence appears on each catalog page:
"The recording of the next book is in progress."
Now, these sentences must be deleted promptly from each book page because we have already cataloged books six and seven.
Could you please correct the above mentioned errors? It would be gratefully appreciated if you fix them as soon as possible.
Thank you for your help in advance. Keep up the good work. I hope I can see all fifteen books of this masterpiece on the Librivox Catalog someday.
Sincerely,
Eunah
lezer

Post by lezer »

Hi Eunah,
Thanks for spotting that. They were only cataloged this week. I'll go and fix it. But I was wondering, why the hurry?
Anna

EDIT: done.
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

rita1075 wrote:
Could you please correct the above mentioned errors? It would be gratefully appreciated if you fix them as soon as possible. Eunah

Please remember that we are ALL volunteers and very human. We will make mistakes from time to time and we will get to fixing them.

Please be patient with us.

Esther
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable
people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress,
therefore, depends on unreasonable people." George Bernard Shaw
rita1075

Post by rita1075 »

Thank you for fixing them. I am sorry for being impatient. My intention was, well, to say that let's not confuse our listeners and visitors and make them go away. Nothing bad was intended. In any case, thanks for your help.