vee

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
vee

Post by vee »

Didn't notice this the first time. I'm Chris Vee. I live and work in Baltimore for the Johns Hopkins University. An engineer by training, a computer geek by trade. One lab I service is the Digital Media Center which gives me access to great equipment, and a small studio.

I narrated a chinese instruction project called Chinese Odyssey, kindof by accident. The publisher apparently didn't like the southern accent of the previous narrator and they kindof rushed me in to sub. I was only suppose to be a place holder, but they got lazy and left it in. I still don't know what I'm doing.

My wife and I like reading books together, but I'm always waiting for her to catch up, so lately I've been reading aloud to her to slow me down. Hopefully I don't rush through my recordings either. Please I would welcome input, and I find myself a bit monotone sometimes and I have not been capable of accents. Now if you need me to moo like cow I've got it covered. :)
kayray

Post by kayray »

Nice to meet you, vee. Hmm, your ability to moo might come in handy for next week's Weekly Poetry!

Kara
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
pberinstein

Post by pberinstein »

Not to worry about the accents, Vee. I don't do them either. But the great thing about this place is that it doesn't matter.

Welcome!
Paula B
The Writing Show, where writing is always the story
http://www.writingshow.com
vee

Post by vee »

I should have read the other posts first. I'm 28, but feel much older since I work with so many college students.

I guess accents would be easier if each volunteer took one character and read it through with one narrator. The edits could be a nightmare though.
Chris Vee
"You never truly understand something until you can explain it to your grandmother." - Albert Einstein
vee

Post by vee »

So instead of hijacking someone elses thread I thought I'd just reintroduce with my old one.

It's been awhile since I've spent any time here, but I've been downloading files off and on. I'm now with SAIC protecting our nation's money supply from hackers and/or incompetence. I'm attending the UMaryland business school and hopefully will be done in May 2009. And I am the proud new father of a little girl Isabelle.

It's good to be able to check back in and hopefully I'll find some time to do a recording or two soon enough.
Chris Vee
"You never truly understand something until you can explain it to your grandmother." - Albert Einstein
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Welcome back, Vee.

I thought my view was getting blurry seeing the day you posted (am used to see your usename next to the Welcome to LV sticky) but no, it's not. :^)

Hope you'll find some time to get back to recording. :)
Ezwa

« Heureux qui... sait d'une voix légère passer du grave au doux, du plaisant au sévère »
Boileau
« Soyez joyeux dans l'espérance, patients dans la tribulation, persévérants dans la prière. »
Rm 12:12

Envie de lire du dramatique ?