[RESOLVED]the way we live

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
PaulW

Post by PaulW »

I have the space (brand-new 750 gb drive, from Frys), and my bandwidth is (currently) limied only by my DSL speed. And I'm willing to help out with this sort of thing on an as-needed basis.
Paul
[b]DPL: [url=http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12852]Brigands of the Moon[/url]; [url=http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13151]Brain Twister[/url][/b]
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

I just realized I haven't dropped in here for a few days :?:

I agree, we should set a zip file maximum and add it to MC-101. I also think, the more explanation, the better - in the end, it means fewer repeated questions.

Also, I just clicked the link in Jo's post to the new archive page for Way We Live, and there is a long list of ogg vorbis files down the left side of the page. Is that new?
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

It is new. Timing may have coincided with the addition of the new player but I'm not sure of that. I'm waiting to hear back from tis about the extra links on the catalog page before we go any further with this.
Jo
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

What a dumb question - of course it's new! The might be in the midst of remodeling the page - and eventually not have 2 ogg vorbis lists. The changes they've already made must have made the ogg vorbis feature inoperable. I hope nothing bad happens if changes are made to the lists of files in the other two formats. :mrgreen:

I miss Tis., always so cheerful and willing to help.
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Yes, hopefully he will be able to get his internet connection back up and running soon!
Jo
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

hey guys is this error ticket still open, or can we [resolve] it?
PaulW

Post by PaulW »

The main problem has been resolved, but the sub-problem (extra RSS Feed - Subscribe in iTunes - Chapter-a-day lines on the LV catalog page) hasn't...and probably won't be until tis gets his home internet resolved. I currently have a PM question about another subject still waiting for him in my outbox.
Paul
[b]DPL: [url=http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12852]Brigands of the Moon[/url]; [url=http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13151]Brain Twister[/url][/b]
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

just got a note today...Casa Goringe is now connected to the world.
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Splendid! I'm sure tis is very happy about that (and we've all missed his expertise around here :wink:).
Jo
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

hugh wrote:hey guys is this error ticket still open, or can we [resolve] it?
My impression is that "The Way We Live" doesn't download well because there are so many chapters - it seems to have been intermittent - and jo addressed this by splitting the zip file in two and offering that as a download alternative - so that ticket could be closed, I think.

The problem with the ogg vorbis list and the ogg file sizes needing to be posted by hand seem to have been solved. The extra list disappeared from the Archive pages. The file sizes post automatically now, although they now say, i.e., "12.1MMB", and we have been manually deleting the extra "M". That's not too big of a deal, so I'd say that issue is also solved for the present.

I'm very glad Chris is "connected" again: selfishly for LV, of course, but also because it seems a good sign his life is returning to "normal." :D
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

Since the download problem recurs, we were thinking that a regular limit in zip file size and routine division or large zip files in 2 might be a good idea.
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

The issue with the catalog page has been resolved here so I am unstickying this thread and marking it resolved. If there are further problems, please let us know.
Jo