Howdy, another newbie

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
lily2enme

Post by lily2enme »

Hello!

I was referred to LibriVox by "thistlechick," because I mentioned to her that I once made tapes of myself reading "Dracula" and then "James & the Giant Peach" to send to someone.

I wasn't going to look at LibriVox, but I was very idly, very curious. I wanted to see what it was, but I thought, "I don't really have time for more projects. If it's interesting, I may come back and give it a go some day."

I'm already hooked, I think. Drat!

The clincher: The Weekly Poem. I love it! Reading poetry aloud used to be a bedtime ritual of mine. And you chose one of my favorites as the first (?) ("A Noiseless Patient Spider")

Other clincher: The bit in the FAQ about readings by real people being richer than computer generated readings. How many programs can read "The Road Not Taken" six different ways?

I expect to be slow to start in this, because I'm in the middle of holiday projects, but am very much looking forward to getting to know you all and sharing the joy of reading aloud!

Cheers!
kayray

Post by kayray »

Welcome Lily!!

I started out years and YEARS ago making tapes of myself reading books for my audiobook-addict son. I love it that now, instead of just one person being able to hear those tapes, potentially millions of people can enjoy those audiobooks! I think you'll have a lot of fun here :)

Kara
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
lily2enme

Post by lily2enme »

Thanks Kara! Wow! sounds like you have had a lot of practice. What a lovely gift to your son!

I have already referred this on to friends of mine. Bedtime reading aloud to each other has been their family ritual from the beginning, and now that their kids are entering their teen years, they may be interested in something like LibriVox.

Cheers,

Terry
aka "lily2enme"
thistlechick

Post by thistlechick »

*huggles Terry* So glad to see you... I knew you wouldn't be able to resist =)
~ Betsie
Multiple projects lead to multiple successes!
pberinstein

Post by pberinstein »

Welcome to Librivox, Lily.

You will love it here!

You will love it more if you don't take on more than you feel comfortable with. There's no rush. Hugh and Librivox will be around for a long time.
Paula B
The Writing Show, where writing is always the story
http://www.writingshow.com
tis

Post by tis »

pberinstein wrote:Hugh and Librivox will be around for a long time.
We all will be... there are a lot of public domain books out there waiting for us :)
[img]http://goringe.net/images/chris.png[/img]