Greetings from PEI

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Liara

Post by Liara »

Greetings,

I stumbled across this site a month ago and downloaded some books for a road-trip I was going on. The books made the trip much more enjoyable, so I want to say thanks to everyone! :)

I've been browsing around looking at the books and plan on volunteering very soon. I'm just not sure what equipment I'll need, so I need to do a little more searching on that.

It's wonderful to see that you've recorded the Anne of Green Gables books. Being a native to Prince Edward Island, it's wonderful to see others enjoying it.

Liara
vee

Post by vee »

Hi Liara.

Glad you found us and enjoyed the recordings. The best place to get the initial info you need would be http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/NewbieGuideToRecording This should give you a good idea of what you need.

If you need any other help just holler. Welcome aboard!

Chris
Chris Vee
"You never truly understand something until you can explain it to your grandmother." - Albert Einstein
marlodianne

Post by marlodianne »

Hey Liara!

I never thought I'd see an islander here :)

Software and equipment is actually pretty straight forward, although it takes some experimenting to find out what setup works best for you. If you need any help, we're always here.

I'm glad you enjoyed Anne; I was one of the readers :D Anne is still a very popular book, even internationally. When I say where I live, most people respond with, "Oh, like Anne!"

Lucy Maud is absolutely Canada's most famous PD export. :)
Marlo Dianne
Writer, Artist, Wondergeek
forbiddendragon.blogspot.com

"We live as though the world was as it should be, to show it what it can be." --Angel
ceastman

Post by ceastman »

Hi Liara! We're so glad you've enjoyed the audiobooks you downloaded. It's always nice to get feedback on stuff you've worked on. :)

While you're agonizing over equipment choices, why don't you wander over to Listeners/Editors Wanted? We could really use some help in proof-listening to works that are (mostly) ready to be catalogued and released to the public.

Meanwhile, enjoy yourself! Glad you're here.

-Catharine