[COMPLETE] Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare - PL/ce

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

Act 2 Scene 4 is fine except for a couple of small mistakes in one of Feste's lines: "and the tailor make thy
doublet of changeable taffeta, for thy mind is a very opal." The word "make" in this sentence is missing, and there's a pause where it should be. Feste also says "my mind" rather than "thy mind."
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

Act 2 Scene 5 is now PL - OK.
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

Act 3 Scene 4 is PL - OK.
Xrystabelle

Post by Xrystabelle »

gloriana wrote:In Act 2 Scene 3, Sir Toby's line is still incorrect, reading "a stout of wine" instead of "a stoup of wine." But it's actually not the only mis-read line in this scene, as I saw this time around. (Some of the more obscure references and nonsense words are mis-read, which is not that big a deal, in my view). So it's up to y'all if you want to correct it or not.
Thanks for proof listening again!

:? It's odd about the Sir Toby line. I just listened to the linked file, thinking maybe I'd put up the wrong one, and heard stoup (rhymes with soup) and not stout. Maybe you listened to a cached file?

Other than that, are the other mis-reads okay? Don't change the meaning or anything?

Thanks again!
Christie
Christie Nowak
Xrystabelle

Post by Xrystabelle »

gloriana wrote:Sir Toby's line in Act 1 Scene 3 is now fine. I listened to the whole file, which is all fine, except that it stops just before the end and won't play any more. It stops after Toby's line "are they like to take dust." Not sure if this is because the end of the scene got cut off, or if there's just a problem with playing the file. In any case, as I recall from before, the scene was fine except for the earlier line of Toby's, which is now fixed.
Wonderful! The whole scene played for me, so it was probably just a connection issue or something. i'll mark it as ok.

Thanks!!
Christie Nowak
Xrystabelle

Post by Xrystabelle »

gloriana wrote:Act 1 Scene 5 is PL - OK.
Yay!!!! Thanks!
Christie
Christie Nowak
Xrystabelle

Post by Xrystabelle »

gloriana wrote:In Act 2 Scene 3, Sir Toby's second line is still incorrect, reading "a stout of wine" instead of "a stoup of wine." The first time he says it, it's correct.

Aha! Thanks for letting me know. I'll see what i can do to splice them together.

Christie
Christie Nowak
Xrystabelle

Post by Xrystabelle »

gloriana wrote:Act 2 Scene 5 is now PL - OK.
Yay! Thanks!
Christie Nowak
Xrystabelle

Post by Xrystabelle »

gloriana wrote:Act 2 Scene 4 is fine except for a couple of small mistakes in one of Feste's lines: "and the tailor make thy
doublet of changeable taffeta, for thy mind is a very opal." The word "make" in this sentence is missing, and there's a pause where it should be. Feste also says "my mind" rather than "thy mind."
Thanks!! The first may have been a mistake of mine in editing. I'll check that out and see. the second I'm sure I can splice a fix.

Christie
Christie Nowak
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

Other than that, are the other mis-reads okay? Don't change the meaning or anything?
I think they're fine. I actually went back and edited out that portion of the post because I don't think you need to worry about them. And yes, it's just Sir Toby's second "stout" that needs changing to "stoup."
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

Act 5 Scene 1 is PL - OK, apart from those 2 missing lines.
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

I'm cleaning up some old folders on the LibriVox server. In the process, I've moved the file twelfthnight_narrator-endofacts.wav from the /2008 folder to the /ce folder. Any questions about this, please PM me.

Great to see the progress in this project! :)
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
ceastman

Post by ceastman »

Thanks Gesine!

-Catharine
Ua

Post by Ua »

Here's my missing part from Act V - I hope the difference in recording setting isn't too noticeable.

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ce/twelfthnight_orsino_missingpart_ua.wav

-Ua
Xrystabelle

Post by Xrystabelle »

Ua wrote:Here's my missing part from Act V - I hope the difference in recording setting isn't too noticeable.

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ce/twelfthnight_orsino_missingpart_ua.wav

-Ua

Thanks!!!

I just got back from vacation yesterday, and am still playing catch-up. I just snagged the file, and will start plugging it in place asap.

Christie
Christie Nowak