[RESOLVED] The Count of Monte Cristo - French Version

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
sasprilla

Post by sasprilla »

I have been trying to download the Zip of the book. It lets me download, but when I unzip it says there are errors and cannot complete it. Can anyone help?

Many thanks
russiandoll

Post by russiandoll »

Hi, sasprilla

I can't do anything at all about it, I'm afraid, but I tried to download it myself to see if I had the same problem, and I can confirm that there seems to be something wrong. The first time the zip dowloaded WAY too quickly, said it was finished but then told me there were no files when I tried to extract them, and I've just tried again but it won't download at all:
'the download cannot be saved because an unknown error occurred.'

It might be one of archive.org's blips (I don't know what message I would get if it was) and worth trying again later, or somebody on the more technical end might be able to help - there'll be someone along before too long who has Catalogue Powers...

Sorry not to be more help - thanks for letting us know.
rd
English is the lingua franca par excellence
sasprilla

Post by sasprilla »

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I've tried to download it a few times and had all the same problems you have had.
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

I cataloged this project so I'll take a look at it a little later this evening if no one else gets to it first. This does sound like it might be an archive.org server problem.
Jo
Jc

Post by Jc »

maybe the package is too big... :(
I downloaded it, but it was only 952 MB big, and when I opened it, it told me "unexpected end of package" or something like that. I haven't tried extracting it, but what I downloaded only has 77 chapters in it.
Put yourself in the Readers' Accents Table. See this post.
(Busy real life & traveling, sorry if not here often.)
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

I was able to download the entire zip file, unzip it and all files were there. I used the Downthemall plugin for Firefox to download the zip and Ultimate Zip to extract the files.

This is a 1.5 GB zip file and without a download manager will take a long time to download. If there is any interruption during the download, either on your end or at archive.org, a corrupt zip file is likely to be the result.

If you don't use Firefox as your browser, there are other free standalone download managers available on the web (like Free Download Manager, for one) that also work well. Alternately, you can download the individual 64 kbps files.
Jo