COMPLETE: Romeo & Juliet by Shakespeare - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Cori

Post by Cori »

If she's still in London, David, then perhaps we can drag her along to the next Chapter meeting and get the rerecords there. I think she was willing, but having net connection issues last thing I heard (mind you, that was in the summer, which seems an awfully long time ago now.) Perhaps she could burn them to CD, and post.

It all depends on getting hold of her, though ... have you emailed..?
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
Caliban

Post by Caliban »

Somewhere in the busty innards of Librivox there lies my reading of 1st watch's lines!!!!

Unless you read them and really hated them :(

Caliban
We're so different! I sometimes wonder why we are friends. Then you remind me.
Caliban

Post by Caliban »

Caliban wrote:Aside from the crowd, there was only First Watchman. Having it sit there for days on end started to make my hair itch so ....

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ec/romeo_act5_scene3_1stWatchman.wav

Cal
Here it are!!! (* Insert Eureka Emoticon Here *)

Cal
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

Will this one do Cal?

Esther
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable
people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress,
therefore, depends on unreasonable people." George Bernard Shaw
Caliban

Post by Caliban »

Starlite wrote:Will this one do Cal?

Esther
Nicely! Both I and my hair thank you!

Cal
hazboz

Post by hazboz »

hello, would i be able to the citizen line in 1.1,
am i right to say it is only 1 line -'Clubs, bills, and partisans! strike! beat them down!
Down with the Capulets! Down with the Montagues!' or is there more??
thanks x
Xrystabelle

Post by Xrystabelle »

Just a note about the cast names. My son did the part of Page. He doesn't have an actual account on Librivox (he's only 7), so I'm not sure how to list him in the credits. If you can put him in as either CJ or CJ Nowak, rather than Xrystabelle's son, that'd be great! Thanks!

Christie
Christie Nowak
ChamberMonk

Post by ChamberMonk »

If you are interested I have recorded the part of "1 Citizen! in ACT I, SCENE I.

It's fine if you don't want it :)

The length is 24 seconds.

URL: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ec/romeo_act1_scene1_1citizen.wav

Read by ChamberMonk (Rhys Lawson).

I may or may not be in the Catalogue already. As ChamberMonk http://feelclearer.podbean.com/
Xrystabelle

Post by Xrystabelle »

Hi, Sarah,

I've just about gotten Twelfth Night off my desk (waiting on some PL-ing and a couple of missing lines), so I thought I pop over and see if you wanted any help with anything here?

Christie
earthcalling wrote: Many scenes are ready to edit, but I've held off until I have all the files. It's the kind of job that's best done in one go (well, one week), rather than piecemeal, so you get a consistency of feel.
I know what you mean. Though I did end up doing mine piecemeal, sort of. i did them by scene, as I got complete files for each scene. kept me from feeling as overwhelmed, i think. Or at least more like I was making progress.

Christie
Christie Nowak
timberwolfmage

Post by timberwolfmage »

As is becoming my wont in the Dramatic Works section, I offer my services as editor to you guys, should you need it. :)
-- [url=http://www.trekandromeda.com][b]Rosalind Wills[/b][/url]
Cloud Mountain

Post by Cloud Mountain »

Am checking to clean up all of my incomplete sections and see that I'm listed as still being incomplete with sections 3, 4, 5 of this project. Sorry to me to fuzzy on this, but am I holding anything up here?

Thanks. --Alan
[url=http://librivox.org/newcatalog/people_public.php?peopleid=254]Alan's LV catalog[/url]
mb

Post by mb »

As a note to my future self, as much as for anybody else, if this ever gets going again, I would really like to rerecord my parts. I'd do it now, only I don't have any clue if the originals are on the LV server, somewhere else, or nowhere at all. Is David still BCing?
earthcalling

Post by earthcalling »

Eurgh, grhummunphgrghhhh,

What's holding things up is my inability to grasp a particularly awkward nettle - that we have pretty much all the parts recorded, except for a few scenes of Juliet. If we've got any chance of completing this, I need to (I think) ask if anyone would like to read Juliet, replacing the original reader.

Alan - I'll need to work through all the files and the wiki page, to see exactly where we are. I think from memory that you'd completed yours. These nudges are good and timely. I really need to crack on with this....

mb - All the submitted files are safely on the server. If you want to re-record, please do so. Keep an eye out here in case things start moving quickly, and let me know if I should wait for you. (Fat chance! :D )

David
mb

Post by mb »

earthcalling wrote:Eurgh, grhummunphgrghhhh,

What's holding things up is my inability to grasp a particularly awkward nettle - that we have pretty much all the parts recorded, except for a few scenes of Juliet. If we've got any chance of completing this, I need to (I think) ask if anyone would like to read Juliet, replacing the original reader.

Alan - I'll need to work through all the files and the wiki page, to see exactly where we are. I think from memory that you'd completed yours. These nudges are good and timely. I really need to crack on with this....

mb - All the submitted files are safely on the server. If you want to re-record, please do so. Keep an eye out here in case things start moving quickly, and let me know if I should wait for you. (Fat chance! :D )

David
Thanks, David!

I tried to overwrite my old file, but as I originally uploaded it with Megaupload (my first recording[!], those were the days, etc), I'm not sure what its name is now.

Regardless, here is the new Paris, probably a little disappointingly like the old Paris (although I thankfully wouldn't know, having changed computers and lost the file since then):

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ec/romeo_allacts_paris.mp3

It's an mp3, which I hope is all right, and it's all in one file, but at the very least it's all there, and the sound quality's improved a millionfold from two years ago. I apologise in advance for any 'acting'.

Will be lovely to see this wrapped up!
JemmaBlythe

Post by JemmaBlythe »

I'd love to voice Juliet if, indeed, frenchaudrey has left the stage permanently for this project.

Cheers JemmaBlythe